The Alcoholic

John walks solemnly towards the building. He applied for many jobs, but this one was the only one to call back for an interview.
Naturally, the boss was more than happy to welcome him as an employee.

John always dressed sharp, and his black hair was always styled and combed over when out in public. He's more of a business man, you know, the guy who doesn't mind sitting at a desk all day.
However, due to having to quit his last job, he needed the money..any money. So today is his first day as a bartender.

He had training in the past, and of course had a little catch up session here with another bartender who works the day shift. Everything should go smoothly, and his appearance only helped. Everyone likes a sharp dressed bartender.

He gets inside, smiling at the girl who works the day shift. She was definitely ready to go home.

Aubrey: "Good luck!"
She says happily, giving him a playful punch on the shoulder.
John: "Thanks Aubrey."

He steps behind the bar, and after a few minutes, he's getting a few men some drinks. Everything seemed normal, and before he knows it, an hour has already passed.

He's focused on the drinks, until a scrawny man skulks to the bar, sitting down with his hand on his jaw. His blonde hair is thin, sticking up and curling on the top of his head. He's dressed in a Grey hoodie, and he's got on a red cap.

His eyes look exhausted, and there's stubble, not a full beard, but thin scruff.
Only when he gets a little closer does he realize this man has a black eye.
He remains professional, not saying a word, but the man does.

He holds up some cash, elbows on the bar as his head his slumped over slightly.

"Bartender, I have thirty dollars. Please get me as drunk as possible."

John raises his brows but, he doesn't object. He can't..if this guy becomes a problem, the bouncer can come get him out, right?

John: "Any preference?"

The mans one good eye peers up at him.

"Whisky."

John nods and gets the drink, which the man downs rather quickly. He wasn't a sipper that's for sure.
John serves the man, until he's out of money, and then he leaves.

Finally, the end of the night arrives, and they're all shutting down.
One of the waitresses and the cook are chit chatting, and John decides to ask about the man who had came in.

John: "Hey, do you guys know anything about a guy coming in and wanting to get drunk?"

Cook: "That's nothing new really, folks do that.

John: "Yeah but this guy looked sick.."

Waitress: "Oh I bet you're talking about Ian!"

John: "Ian?"

The cook and waitress share a small laugh.

Cook: "Blonde hair, blue eyes, rough looking, boney?"

John: "Yeah! That's him!"

Cook: "Ian's a good guy, really. Nobody really knows why he does it, but dude gets fucked up every chance he gets. He's never been a problem though."

He really can't be drinking like that just because. He's got to be sick or severely depressed..

John smiles politely.
John: "Good. I was just curious. I'll be sure to greet him properly next time I see him at the bar."

With that, he finishes up his cleaning, and then leaves. As he's walking to his car, he spots something in the distance. Some large object, in the middle of the parking lot..it's getting dark so he couldn't really tell what it could be.