Ningguang's Birthday

Male reader<3

Try to imagine this is a female or gender-neutral reader, if not, I'll be glad to make one.

As Ningguang finished up the last of the reports, a certain h/c male was planning a surprise birthday...

"Right here?" Zhongli asked.

"Yup," you affirmed, nodding his way. The past archon tied up the banner, backing up to make sure it's centered.

"Perfect, I'll go check on the rest," you said to him, raising a hand. He just nodded and you went to the next room.

"How's everything in here?" You asked, not knowing what you were in for.

As you looked at the room, everything was mayhem; the confetti was on the floor everywhere, the balloons floating all over the place, deflated ones on the ground, Baizhu chasing after Qiqi. Everything was a mess.

"What the hell..." you muttered.

Hu Tao noticed you and waved you over. "Hey, Y/n, is this a good present for Lady Ningguang?" She held out a miniature coffin.

"Uhh- sure whatever," you said, not wanting to ruin her spirits. You waved her off and went to the other side. "Xiao- what happened? You were supposed to be in charge of the confetti."

He looked at you, his gold dusty eyes staring into your soul. "I didn't know how to work the confetti cannon," he admitted, looking at the cannon. You facepalmed.

"A little too late for that."

"Sorry," he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It's fine, really."

You sighed and he offered to clean up the mess, you told him it's fine and went over to the traveler and his companion. "Aether, how's it going here?"

"Good! All the food is ready, as well as the cake," he said, gesturing toward it. "Paimon helped as well."

"Hehe, yeah she did! It was surprisingly easy for Paimon!" She giggled.

"I'm glad two people didn't mess up."

You waved the two bye and went over to Keqing and Ganyu, instantly seeing all the decorations all over the place. "I swear on my life..." you cursed under your breath.

"Hi, Y/n," The lavender-haired woman giggled softly. You looked over at Ganyu, who seemed embarrassed. "You like how we decorated the place?" She raised her arms.

"Sarcastic much?" You turned around to look at the room. A huge mess and Ningguang is about to be here any second. You rubbed the ridge of your nose, trying to think of something.

"Damn it," you cursed. "I can't think of anything."

You looked around the room, you were about to give up at this point until you heard the door open, it was Yanfei.

"She's here- what the hell?!" Even she was shocked at the mess. "The heck happened here?"

"That's what I'm saying!" You said, going to her side as everything watched you. "Xiao said he didn't know how to work a cannon, Ganyu and Keqing messed up the whole place with their awful decorating, Hu Tao wanted to give Ningguang a coffin, and Aether-" you stopped, thinking about what he didn't wrong.

"Aether didn't do anything wrong."

Yanfei stared at you like you were crazy. "Zhongli, Baizhu, and Qiqi?"

"Zhongli did good, Baizhu and Qiqi were in charge of the red carpet," you looked down. "They did a great job."

At that moment, Qiqi ran past you, followed by Baizhu, "thank you!" They both said.