Home..

"Well, this is the part where we part our ways now huh?" His voice rang across the place, instantly drawing the samurai's attention. The beautiful sight of the sun covering the ocean blue sky above the land of eternity, his homeland ruled by the almighty shogun.

"I just hope we'll meet each other again someday..." Eyes closed and slowly turns his head to look at his dear friend.

"Do not worry my friend, I am certain that we will meet again, in some corner of the world. The fate that brings people together is not a cord so easily cut." A small maple leaf falling from the large tree in the middle of the 2 males, catching the leaf with his hand as he fiddles with it.

Tomo places a hand on Kazuha's hand and ruffles with his hair in a playful manner, a bright smile plastered on both of their faces. "Hehe cheer up Kazuha, of course, we'll meet each other again someday! Whether it's in the afterlife or not." A very bright smile on his face while the smaller male blushes from Tomo's words.

They both look up at the sky once again, staring at the sky..Ah, he always loved moments like these with his friend.

Was it the right moment? Should he confess his feelings to him right now? He is going to leave soon, so it's the perfect time to say those three simple words in front of him. But..why can't he do it?

"Tomo...There's-"

"Remember the sword art you told me about?" His voice interrupted Kazuha mid-sentence, his confession leaving his mind as he remains speechless, completely ignoring what Tomo asked him. Tomo turns his head towards Kazuha with a soft platonic look on his face that made him fall in love with the male in the first place.

How long has it been since he fell for this man? How long has he wanted to stay with him every day, every month, and every year...How long was it since he felt lost whenever Tomo leaves his side for a slight second? He always wondered if Tomo knew about his hidden romantic feelings towards him, was he too obvious? Or did Tomo completely ignore his feelings?

After a moment of thinking silently, Tomo finally spoke up again.

"The sword art used by the Raiden Shogun during divine punishment...the pinnacle of the Raiden Shogun's skill." He stares into the distance with a serious look on his face with his arms crossed across his chest.

"The symbol of ultimate power..." Kazuha hums in response as he joins in with Tomo.

"There must be one who can withstand it..." Kazuha's eyes widened, body froze by Tomo's words as Tomo ignores Kazuha's reaction.

"Wha-what are you hinting to-"

"There will always be those who dare to brave the lightning's glow...And one of them is me. I want to experience it with my own two eyes." He turns to look at his shocked friend with a determined look.

Is he being serious? Kazuha takes a deep breath and responds. "Why..." Tears threatening to fall from his eyes, cheeks red from frustration yet Tomo's face stays the same. 'He's gonna leave me. He's gonna die and it's all my fault.' Dark thoughts filling the samurai's head.

"Why would you do this..." He drops to his knees with his hands on his face, keeping the tears away from spilling on the soft grass. His emotions taking him over, unable to let out a single word.

Tomo slowly walks towards the crying samurai, kneeling to his level with his arms wrapped around the small male's fragile body. He always knew about Kazuha's feelings towards him but never bothered to talk about it because he feels the same way...

"Hey now no need to cry, don't lose faith in me. I will win and come back home with you." He softly whispers in Kazuha's ear soothing him with his hand caressing his back.

Home?

"You're my only home Kazuha, You're the reason why I always come back. I'll never leave you behind..." Kazuha's eyes widened with pink covering his tear-stained cheeks. Tomo stands up from the grass and reaches a hand towards Kazuha, wanting him to take his hand to stand up and quit it with his negative feelings.

"Come on, It's getting late let's seek shelter and have one last night together before we part ways." His hand still reaching out to Kazuha with a bright, gentle smile.

Kazuha looks up to the love of his life's smile, his eyes shimmered with light. The sight before him was indeed beautiful and unforgettable, the sunset directly behind Tomo shielding the bright rays of the sun from his teary eyes, the soft wind making the small maple leaves from the tree slowly fall to the ground and scattering everywhere landing on the soft green grass and top of the 2 males hair. And his dear friend in front of him with falling maple leaves everywhere, his hand reached out to him with the bright and soft smile he fell in love with.

After looking at the sight in front of him, he flashes a small soft smile slowly standing up from the ground and accepts Tomo's proposal. The last thing he did was embracing Kazuha, pulling him against his chest with his chin on top of his head, eyes closed as Kazuha slowly embraces Tomo with his arms. The two males embraced each other not letting each other go, afraid if they let go they'll lose each other forever.

With that, they both sought shelter and had one last night together one last time.

The sun rises as the birds chirp wonderfully, the townspeople slowly filling the streets doing their normal work. And the day Tomo will leave his dear friend whom he loves so much.

Tomo, with his sword in hand ready to fight the almighty Shogun, takes one last look at Kazuha's sleeping figure with a small smile walking towards him. "I have to go my love..." He kneels to move closer to Kazuha's sleeping face, moving his hair away from his face to lovingly kiss his forehead. "I'm sorry..." He slowly stands up and leaves the cave he and Kazuha found yesterday, with no sense of doubt on his face he's ready to fight to end the vision hunt decree and for the freedom of Inazuma.

Kazuha, on the other hand, was awake the whole time. He witnessed his friend leaving him forever without giving him a proper farewell, regret. Regret was the only emotion he felt. He could've stood up and stopped him before he meets his end, he could've gone with him. All these thoughts filled his head while quietly sobbing on the floor. The only words he could come up with were pathetic. He slowly falls to the ground while his emotions took over him.

"Tomo, I love you..."