Chapter 1 Petty Invites

The doorbell to Jeff Bezos's house rang repeatedly. His girlfriend Lauren came in and said, "Jeff you've got mail!"

He expected them to be bills (he knew he would just ignore them) So he yelled from where he was in the kitchen, "Just leave them on my desk I'll check them later!"

"But there's an invitation!" Lauren protested. "It's got to be important!"

Jeff groaned in annoyance and went to check his mail. He picked up the letter that Lauren said contained the invitation and opened it with a loud rip.

You're Invited!
In 3 days you will be able to view Elon Musk's showing off his newest car in celebration of becoming the richest man in the world again!
See you at:
3:30 pm September 17, 2021
at
12345 XXX Street

Jeff stared at the invitation in disgust. It was way too fancy for it to be considered an invitation. But of course, Elon Musk had the money to spare seeing as he was the wealthiest man alive again.

Lauren stared over his shoulder reading the invite. "It's a bit petty that he would put in all this trouble just to brag to you about being richer than you."

Jeff knew this but it was just so goddamn fun seeing the other's face as they fought repeatedly. Whether it be online or in-person they loved it both.

"I know but it's our tradition. I make fun of him he makes fun of me." Lauren might never understand their fued but she didn't mind.

"Whatever you say," she said in defeat.

Jeff checked the date of the showing and put it in his calendar. They might hate each other but neither would pass up a chance to make fun of the other.

~Time skip sponsored by Me~

The date of the car showing finally arrived and Jeff was on his way. He looked at the invite before getting into his car to confirm the address. "Where to sir?" His driver who he didn't know the name of said.

"XXX Street," Jeff repeated from the invitation. He practically had it memorized by now. The car started driving to the address as Jeff stared out the window.

When he finally got to the location he stepped out of the car without a word. The walk to the showing wasn't very long but as he walked it felt like a lifetime. People stared at the man wondering why he was there.

Of all the people in the world, Jeff Bezos was one of the least likely to show up the showing especially after losing the spot as the richest person alive. Yet he was still there.

After he walked in Jeff started stared at the invitation that was sent from his rival, Elon Musk, as music was blaring through the speakers that were about as big as the car on stage. The same stage that was advertising Elon Musk's newest car. He hadn't made a new car for his company, Telsa, in a while so this was considered a "big deal" to anyone who actually cared.

But everyone there that knew anything about their relationship, knew Jeff didn't care. He didn't care enough to actually pay attention to the presentation of the flashy car. But he had to be there.

He did invite him after all. And he couldn't turn down his invitation. He needed to keep up their relationship for the public eye. Considering their relationship was bad it didn't take much work. As long as the press is happy then there would be as little to no drama. But there was always drama with them. No matter how much anyone tried they were always at each other's thoughts. Trying to best each other was a daily battle that never ended.

Jeff stared at the fancy invitation in his hand again in order to distract himself. The invitation was too fancy for it to be for a showing of a car and a flamethrower. Elon only sent him the invite out of spite and so he could brag about being number one again. That was their public relationship anyway. When one of them was richer they bragged as much as they wanted to the other.