Chapter 1

Hey all!

I want to try writing more one-shots so here's a cute Spiderchelle one! This is set after Homecoming and End Game, but before Far From Home.

Enjoy!

It had been two weeks since Peter first returned to school again, alongside his fellow "Blipped" classmates. Though they had already repeated half of their sophomore year, it was the decision of the Education Department to have them restart their year again, much to the displeasure of literally everyone. None of his classmates, including himself, had any desire to be there and they all seemed to be similar to zombies; walking from class to class, definitely confused and 100% tired. No one said it, but Peter could guess they were all worried and anxious about another Blip happening. For many in this school, this was the biggest most traumatising thing to happen to them and suddenly the world of school didn't seem as important to anything else.

So to try and get them back into a school kid mood, they decided to have a return to school dance for the whole school. No one except the new juniors were excited for it, but they all put on a big smile and pretended to be excited along with them.

It was exhausting and also slightly harrowing. Watching the school girls run around decorating the school halls with flyers and posters for the school dance was reminding Peter all to much of Homecoming and how much of a fail it was. Peter hadn't been to a dance before that one, even though he was only there for 10 seconds. Aunt May was excited to make him go and he would only secretly confess that he only decided to attend to put Aunt May at ease. She didn't say it, but he knew since discovering his secret and since the events of the Asshole, Thanos, she craved a sense of normalcy to their return. So, for her, he would be a normal teenage boy getting excited about the school dance and she could be the bustling mother figure who organised his clothes and helped him style his hair.

They didn't mention that he didn't even have a date yet. Peter had made the ultimate decision since the events of last time's dance that he would just go with Ned since Ned also didn't have a date. It didn't bother him that much, except...

Prior to the start of the school year, while trying to get back into a sense of normalcy as the city descended into chaos trying to refit those who had returned back from the Blip into their regular place, Peter had spent a lot of time with Ned and, surprisingly, that time often included Michelle Jones.

Now, Michelle Jones, or MJ, was someone Peter just always saw around. They began attending the high school at the same time. She did the same extracurricular activities that he did before he pulled out to be the Spiderman. MJ was usual at their table at lunch and she was always near in his classes. He didn't know much about her except you shouldn't talk to her before 10 am because she was always meaner than usual and she loved to read. She was also the best student in their class and quite possibly the whole school, but besides that, Peter didn't know all that much about her.

But, hanging with Ned and as a bi-product, MJ, he began to learn more. She had a wicked sense of humour that usually meant jokes at his or Ned's expense, but social justice was one of her most intense passions and while Ned found it annoying, he actually enjoyed it when she would go on a rant about racial issues across the city or the #MeToo movement, all things he only had a basic understanding of. He learnt, much to his disgust, that Star Wars was definitely not something to watch with her, but Harry Potter was a hidden obsession that she only disclosed when they saw her room for the first time during a study session, discovering a whole collection of Slytherin merchandise.

As the days began to meld into weeks and then into a few months, her presence became more comfortable and enjoyed both him and Ned. And as the novelty of having the one and only scary Michelle studying with them and scaring the shit out of them wore off, he began to notice more.