Winds of Change

You may ask yourself what would happen if things went one way and not another. It may work in one person's favor, while another person may get the short end of the case. Such was the case with Noëlle Mitchelle.

The alarm blared, causing a young blonde to stir. Forcing her body upwards, her cold blue eyes flickered open as she tried to get her bearings. Pulling the hair out of her mouth as she came to. The pale pink room along with the morning sunlight blinded her as the memories of the previous night flooded her sleepy brain.

"Popcorn...sleepover...school... Marinette's room..." the girl croaked out as she rubbed her eyes, "...sh*t, MARINETTE GET UP OR WE'LL BE LATE!" The blonde panicked, hearing a muffled response from the loft as she scrambled off the couch and snatched her sleepover bag before opening the trap door.

Not getting another response from the younger raven haired teen, a grin spread across her face as she looked at her sleeping friend. "Guess I get the first shower!" She called out, grabbing a bag that had been long since forgotten. Shutting the bathroom door as Marinette realized what was going on. Sitting up quickie, she spit her own hair out of her mouth as she called after her friend in annoyance.

"NOËLLE!"

___

After a quick hello to Mrs. Dupain-Cheng and a muffin to go, Noëlle watched as Marinette received some macaroons from her father for her classmates. Waiting by the door as she watched Marinette interact with her father, Noëlle couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. Opening the door to step outside

"Oh Noëlle. I made you some as well to share," Mr. Dupain smiled as he placed the box in the blonde's hands before she could get out the door.

"Oh, thank you, sir." Noëlle said, looking down at the box before smiling up at him. Shrugging off her backpack, she put the box in it for safekeeping. "I'll be sure to share them with everyone."

Mr. Dupain smiled down at her and nodded as Marinette grabbed the older girl by the hand and led her outside.

"Sorry about Papa." Marinette mumble, though I just shrugged it off. I was actually very touched by her father's gesture... he was a genuinely nice man, as big as he was he reminded me a bit of my own dad.

Watching the crosswalk, I noticed an elderly man walking over the crosswalk, then looking down the road to see a car coming. Though the light was red, they should slow down any time now... they really needed to slow down... they were looking at their phone... Noëlle tilted her head for a second, before realizing that the man was in danger.

Before she could react, Marinette jumped in the road after the man, only to trip in the path of the car. Without a moment of hesitation, Noëlle ran after them and dragged them both out of the way, barely getting out of the way as the car passed the crosswalk, skidding to a stop as Noëlle shouted at Marinette.

"Marinette, you dumb b-idiot! You almost got yourself and the old man killed." Noëlle snapped as a crowd gathered around them. The driver stepped out and began to run over. Though, before she could reach them, Noëlle stood in the way.

"And you!" Grabbing the driver by the collar of her shirt, for a small woman, Noëlle managed to completely offset the other woman's sense of balance. "Stay off your phone when you're driving! You almost killed two people, how does prison for up to 30 years sound, you foolish woman."

Before Noëlle properly cussed the woman out, Marinette was there to drag away the older teen. Apologizing, she moved away from the scene. Noëlle reluctantly followed Marinette, noticing that her cheek had been scraped pretty badly.

"... let's stop by the restrooms, I have a medical kit in my bag." Noëlle said, not giving Marinette a chance to back out of it. Entering the school, Noëlle took the lead and took Marinette to the restroom. Immediately taking the kit from her bag before cleaning the scrape with some water and alcohol wipes.