chapter seventy-one

season two ; episode eight { The Cross }
chapter seventy-one

KIARA, BROOKLYN AND JJ FINALLY ARRIVED BACK TO THEIR GROUP AND NO ONE LOOKED HAPPY

KIARA, BROOKLYN AND JJ FINALLY ARRIVED BACK TO THEIR GROUP AND NO ONE LOOKED HAPPY. Brooklyn honked the horn so they'd definitely know they were there and then climbed out of the car along with JJ and Kiara.

"Where the hell were you guys?" Pope asked immediately.

"Paternal complications," Kiara replies.

"Luke was at the Château."

"Oh, great! While you were having family time wut your pops, John B got bit by a gator," Pope told them.

Brooklyn's eyes shot up to see her brother panting, his foot was wrapped in his bandana and the blood seemed to have soaked up but it was still very obviously there. Brooklyn was almost thankful she wasn't here. She really didn't need to have her boyfriend's father be a dick to her and then watch her brother be eaten by a gator in the same day.

She would've rushed over to him but she had only just managed to dry herself up of all the water and mud all over her legs. "You okay?" She yelled.

"Okay, what the hell happened?"

"What happened? I got bit by a gator!"

"He got bit by a gator!"

"I don't know why I'm being yelled at because I put my ass on the line," Kiara tried to back herself up.

"You're being yelled at because it was twenty minutes—"

"We got here as fast as we could," Brooklyn says.

No one in the group started to make sense, it seemed that everyone was just pointlessly yelling over each other and no one was getting anywhere. The words leaving everyone's mouths didn't even make much sense and no one had a valid point to even make.

"Shut up!" JJ finally snapped, silencing everyone. "Seriously, guys, I can't take it anymore, all right? Everyone just cut it out for a second," the boy laughed, leaning himself against a tree. "Look, I just helped my dad leave this island for good. Like, he's not ever coming back. He's straight up like the Spanish. Just, bon voyage."

"That's not the right language," Brooklyn whispered.

"All we got... And I know for a fact all I got is you guys, okay? You're it," JJ says, his eyes landing on Brooklyn who stood not too far away from him. "And I've come too close to losing you, all of you," he paused to take a breather before speaking again, "I mean, shit, like you almost drowned," he says, pointing at Brooklyn. "Pope, you were kidnapped. Sarah, you've been shot. Kie, you might get sent away to boarding school. And, John B, you were almost dinner for a freaking gator, bro. So this blaming each other is some Kook-ass bullshit, all right? We don't do that. Okay, we're Pogues. Sorry, that was a lot right now."