20| 𝑺𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅'𝒗𝒆 𝑺𝒆𝒆𝒏 𝑰𝒕 𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒈

7th May, 2028

3rd person POV

The last two days have been pure bliss for the newly engaged couple. Breakfast in bed, tours all around the City of Love and spending every hour of every day next to each other, it's fair to say the couple were on Cloud Nine lately. Every morning, they have been waking up to newly sent flowers/gifts from their friends and family to congratulate the couple.

This morning, the couple were woken up by incessant knocking on their bedroom door.

"More flowers for you two!" Rebekah announced in an half-annoyed, half-amused tone.

"I think Bex is getting tired of her house turning into a flower garden," Kaitlyn states groggily and Klaus chuckles from behind her, with his arms wrapped around her and his face buried into the crook of her neck.

"Only because we have so many well-wishers, love," Klaus replies with a sarcastic smile.

"Or many all our family and friends are just way too dramatic," Kaitlyn jokes back, "we should get up soon," she nudges Klaus, which only makes him tighten his grip on her.

"Five more minutes," he pleads, "as soon as we walk out of that door, Rebekah is going to steal you away anyways. Let me have some alone time with my fiancée, at least," he says and Kaitlyn smiles at his words.

"Fiancée," Kaitlyn repeats, "I don't think I'll ever get used to that."

"You don't have to, love. It'll be 'wife' soon anyways," Klaus retorts, causing her smile to widen.

"Hm. Who would've thought we'd be here, right?" she says as she turns around to face him.

"Here is Paris or here in each other's arms?"

"Both. All of it seems surreal. You and me, after sixteen years. It's crazy to think how much has changed in just a few months," Kaitlyn replies and Klaus hums as he stares at his fiancée with lovesick eyes.

Kaitlyn notices and slightly shoves him to break him out of his daze, "what're you thinking about?" she asks.

"You," he replies almost immediately and Kaitlyn's cheeks blush red.

"I am here, you don't need to think of me," she jokes.

"I was thinking of how I got so lucky to have you. Soulmate or not, I know there's no one else for me but you. And to think that I finally get to make you mine forever, finally raise our daughter together. All your kids, even," he says with a smile.

Kaitlyn too smiles at his words, "hm and Oreo, of course," she teases and Klaus immediately frowns.

"Yeah that I'm not too excited about," he says and now it's Kaitlyn's turn to frown.

"You should be because he's my baby too."

"You've had him for two days, love," Klaus points out.