Chap. 1: graduation

The gloomy streets of Detroit have always and most likely will always feel odd and distorted. Stray animals wandering. Trash thrown to curb like baseballs in a ball park. No matter the long stays at your fathers house, nothing seems right.

Y/N's POV:
graduation day. A staple in every persons life the sheer excitement of going to wander the world alone was enough to get me out of bed this morning. I put on my boring old house clothes and stomped in excitement down the stairs. My Father awaited me at the bottom of staircase.
"Woah, woah, woah! Where do you think you're going dressed in these boring rags you call "clothes"." He snaps at me in disbelief

"I'm gonna go to the ceremony later, I don't want to be seen dressed in a graduation gown before the graduation." I say in response

"Ya know y/n. You won't win a social award sitting with your lame dad." He sighs.

"And I'm just fine with that." I say while brushing past him.
I whisk through the cupboards in our kitchen looking for something to fuel me for the day. I grab the closest box of the grossest kid cereal I can find and start to cram as much of into a bowl as possible. I whip open my fridge door to find zero milk left in our house.
"Dad we're out of milk!" I shout.

"Well." He pauses "You can always try water." he says in a sarcastic tone which nearly infuriates me due to my high hunger level.

My dad grabs his keys and gestures for me to get in the car.
"Do you wanna be late for the ceremony?" He asks.
"What?" I reply.
"You almost slept till noon." He says back disappointed.
I look at phone. "11:58 am". I almost scream asI bolt upstairs and try to put my gown on as fast as possible. Not to mention I still have bed head and bad eye bags. I slip into my velvet textured gown and run downstairs where my dad is still waiting.
"Wow. That must be a record for the fastest gown put on time." He says looking at his watch which displays "12:01". "Are you gonna stand there or get in the car so we're not anymore late then we already are.
"Right!" I yell almost forgetting why I put on the gown in the first place.

After around a fifteen minute drive we arrive at the park where the ceremony was taking place. The first thing that greets my eyes as I step out of the car was "CONGRATULATIONS CLASS OF 2037" in bright glowing letters above a stage where my teachers and former principal stand waiting for the ceremony to start.
"Hey uh...I have to go run some errands...uh I told Connor to take some pictures for me, so when you're receiving your stuff look at him. Ok?" My dad said to me without warning.

Connor. Where do I start with him. His big brown eyes hit me like a bus when I first saw him that's for sure, even though my friends call me weird when I described my obsession with him to them, I still and probably will always find him too attractive to be a robot man.

"Wait what?!" I reply to my dad. "You are not gonna leave me alone here!"

"You're not alone...you have Connor here to help with anything you need."

"That's ever wors-" I was cut off by my dad sticking his fingers in his ears and shouting "lalalala! I can't hear you!" Like a child would.
Before the car door closed with him in the car he shouts "Have a good time!" And within seconds him and the car are both gone.

I stand alone in the parking lot for a minute or two before I decide to venture the area. I stay relatively close to stage saying hi to all of my friends that I pass along the way, but I'm still looking for him. For Connor.

AUTHOR NOTE: hey everyone! I'm writing this the day before school starts so if I don't create a new part soon you know why.❤️