Lost Girl

I woke up to the bright light of the sun coming in threw my window. I stretched and rubbed my eyes before getting out of bed. I got dressed and brushed and braided my long dirty blonde hair before grabbing my bow, quiver and dagger, putting it in it's holster, then jumping out of my tree house, grabbing the rope on my way down.

I landed on the ground with a thud as a bunch of Lost Boys stared at me in awe. It surprised them every time, even though I did that every morning, against the wishes of our leader, Peter Pan. I was the only girl in our group, and he was extremely protective of me.

Now, you're probably wondering how I ended up with Pan and his group of Lost Boys, and I'll be completely honest with you...I'm not sure. I have no memory of arriving to Neverland and no memories of my life before coming here, except my name, Auburn. I just woke up on the beach and was found by one of the Lost Boys while wandering around the forest. He immediately took me to Pan who decided that I would join the group.

It's been years since then, however. I think I was at least thirteen then, and now my eighteenth was coming up. After my birthday I will no longer age, I will continue to look the same for eternity like Pan, Felix and some of the other Lost Boys.

But I don't plan on staying, and I know what you're thinking "why wouldn't you want to stay somewhere where you can never age, you'll stay young forever" but I have no interest in staying young forever, I'm more focused on finding out the truth. How did I get to Neverland? Who is my family? Is my family even alive? Time in Neverland is different than the time in the real world, I've been here for five years, who knows how long that is in the real world?

Luckily for me, I wasn't going to be finding out the truth alone. Felix, Peter's right hand man, has agreed to help me. Honestly, it's probably not the best idea to make a deal with someone who is so close to Peter Pan, but Felix and I have been dating in secret since I turned seventeen. Now, back to the story.

I was on my way to meet with Felix when I heard a voice from above me. "I thought I told you to stop doing that Auburn, you could seriously hurt yourself" I looked up and saw Pan flying above me "you should already know by now that I'm never going to stop" I said with a smirk, Peter had landed next to me "where are you headed Azalea?" that was Pan's nickname for me since azalea's are my favorite flower. I rolled my eyes "I thought I'd go out and find some berries or fruits for the Lost Boys" I said "alone? that's not very safe, hm?" Pan said now walking in front of me, looking at me, "I'm not going alone, Felix is coming with me" I said. I noticed a hint of jealousy in Peter's eyes "oh, ok" he said looking away from me "is someone jealous?" I asked teasingly "wh-no! of course not" Peter scoffed "I need to go anyway, have some things to take care of" he said flying away "bye!" I called after him, he just waved.

As soon as I was sure Peter was out of sight I took the secret path to mine and Felix's cove. I was getting closer and closer to the secret cove, but still couldn't see Felix, he was usually here before me since he liked to wake up early to do some gathering for the camp. When I arrived, and still saw no sign of Felix, I sat on a rock while waiting. 

Then I heard something, it was kinda far from me, but I had extraordinary hearing which was one of the few changes that happened to me after arriving to Neverland, along with my hearing I also had enhanced eyesight and I was a lot faster in Neverland, not as fast as Pan or Felix, but faster than most of the Lost Boys. I also had an ability, only one that we knew of at least, I could protect myself with some kind of invisible force field, although I don't have much control over it yet, I had only just got this ability on my seventeenth birthday. Pan and the rest of the Lost Boys were just as shocked as I was when we discovered this, for Peter Pan was the only one known to have magical abilities until now.

I stood up quickly from where I was sitting and looked around me, trying to figure out where the sound was coming from, when all of a sudden I felt someone hug me from behind. I quickly turned and saw it was Felix. "Bloody hell Felix!" I  chuckled "you scared me!" I said playfully hitting him "sorry, love" Felix said before planting a kiss on my cheek, he let's me go and we sit on the rock together "find anything good" I asked looking at the pouch tied to Felix's belt. He opened it and pulled out a cream colored cloth with some blueberries and raspberries rapped in it, "ooo, blueberries! my favorite!" I say before quickly taking one "hey, hey! we need to save some for the rest of the Lost Boys" Felix says before putting the berries away "it's fine, I was going to try and find some more later" I said.

Felix and I got up from the rock after sharing a few more berries, and started walking to a beach. This wasn't just a normal beach, however, this is where everything from the mainlands would wash up, and it was highly forbidden for any of the Lost Boys to go there without Pan's permission. I didn't care though, finding out the truth about where I came from was more important to me than following Pan's rules, and Felix knew this which is why he agreed to help me when I asked.

The two of us were walking along the beach for hours looking at every little thing that had washed up. But so far we found nothing that would point us in the right direction. We have found a few things, which we hid in a secret compartment in my tree house that only Felix and I knew of, but nothing that told me where or who my family was.

I looked up at the sun to see what time it was, almost noon, I noted in my head. "It's almost time for lunch" I said looking at Felix. He also looked up at the sky to see what position the sun was in and nodded, "yeah, let's head back, we can continue our search tomorrow" he said looking at me. We started heading back to the camp, picking some more berries and nuts on the way.

When we arrived at the camp all the older boys where gathered in the center surrounding Pan, who was standing on a tree trunk. "What's going on?" I asked pushing my way to the front, Felix close behind me "we've run low on meat" Peter said "so I'm sending some of the older boys on a hunting trip" he continued, I nodded and turned in the direction of my tree house, Felix still walking beside me "hold up!" Pan called, Felix and I turned to face him "Felix you're going to be in charge of the hunting trip" Pan said. Great, just great!

It was later in the day and the Lost Boys where gathering around the campfire to say farewell to the older boys going on the hunting trip. Felix and I where able to sneak away from everyone so we could say our goodbyes in private. "I'll be back soon, don't worry" Felix said hugging me "I know, but we are running out of time to find out the truth" I said "my birthday is in twenty days" I sighed. Felix pinched my chin between his thumb and index finger and lifted my head up to look at him "I will be back before then, I promise" He says before leaning down to kiss me. We stood there for a few minutes before pulling away. Felix gave me one last quick kiss on the head, "goodbye, love" he said before walking towards the group of boys going on the hunting trip. They all waved goodbye before running into the forest weapons in hand.