The proposal

15 years before the Perron's family case.

The Warren's house, Connecticut.

" Ed !! ED !! Please, please you don't have to do this!! " 

All sort of objects were flying across the room. The curtains were teared apart, and the sofa was upside down. A red inscription was engraved on the ceiling, similar to blood. Ed was sweating, desperately trying to keep his calm. He grabbed her arm, looking into her eyes. Her blue orbs. He was so used to dive into them. But he never seemed to grow tired of them. He could never. And as he dived his gaze into hers, he mentally said goodbye to them. 

" Oh Lorraine, you know I have to.. It's the only way we can get out of this.

- Ed, Ed please.. You're everything that I have and - her sobs were cut by a guttural hiss. 

- Lorraine, watch out ! 

She bent over just in time to see a table flying above her head. A few seconds later, it smashed against the wall, sending pieces of glasses everywhere. She closed her eyes and brought her arms in front of her face to protect herself, as she felt a familiar sting as the glass sank into her forearms. She felt her legs shaking, and her knees gave away beneath her weight. She could sense it. The demons and inhuman spirits were howling across the room. The freezing breeze entering by the opened window made her shiver. Ed frowned, and took out his crucifix. 

- I have to put an end to all of this. You've done enough. 

Lorraine looked at him in horror, and let out a shaky breath :

- No, no, it's not true I can still.. I feel them Ed.. They're everywhere. I can do this. But you can't. They'll possess you the second you push me out of this room.

- I'm sorry. I love you Lorraine, he said as he grabbed her arm and drag her out of the room. He saw her expression of pure terror as he pushed her away.

The door slammed, just as when she tried to get in.

- ED !! ED LET ME IN !!, she shouted as she started banging on the door.

Ed looked all around him, and quickly reached out for his Bible. He could feel the air getting thicker, and colder around him. 

- O Daemones, nolite cruciat nos! Vivamus et revertetur ad tenebras tenebrarum. By the power of - , he started yelling, but he was stopped by a sting on his arm. 

His cry of pain was surely heard from miles around. He started choking in panic as he rolled up his sleeve, revealing his boiling skin. His skin was red and shiny with blood. Blisters were starting to form as a pentagram started to carve itself in his skin. It was like as if an iron was being pressed on his own skin. He shut his eyes closed as tears starting streaming down his face, and he didn't even hear himself screeching in agony. 

Lorraine's eyes widen in horror, as she put more energy into her banging.

- ED !! ED ARE YOU OKAY ?? WHAT IS HAPPENING ?? her voice cracked as she pronounced the last words of her sentence, and she slid on her knees, putting her forehead against the wooden door. 

- Fuck ! Ed cursed in pain. 

He was ready to pass out, he could feel it. His skin was tingling and his head was spinning as he heard the whispering of the entity in his ears.

- Nobody will ever bother me anymore.. You and the woman must DIE !!

He saw in horror his skin peeling, and his vision blurred out. He could hear Lorraine sobbing and banging frantically on the door. He reached out in despair for the little box in his pocket. He closed his eyes as he heard the wood of the ceiling cracking and felt the dust falling all around him. He was shaking, his skin burning up. He grabbed the little box as he forced himself to think of the reason he was here. For her. The only woman that ever believed in him, that ever trusted him. The only woman he would wake up to every morning. The only one he would risk his life for. He felt himself being dragged across the room by a unknown force, and he felt something in his bones cracking up when he violently hit the wall. His breath was taken away during a few seconds. He hazily noticed a dark form in front of him, but felt more than he saw what was coming. His nose was filled by a familiar rotten meat smell, and he felt his soul being taken away from his own body. Literally. As life was being sucked out of him.