7. | 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧'

i never noticed how much
onceler stutters in the movie
and that's so hot

____________

   You sit on the windowsill, an iced beverage in hand, as you watch Onceler work away at the blueprints again. He sat in the stool with a pen in his hand, as his eyes grazed over the papers. Every now and then, he'd erase something and swipe the shavings from the paper, but it was rare. He must've had this planned out for months, because he knew exactly what he wanted, and where he wanted it to be.

"How's it coming along?" Your body leans forward crookedly to view the paper better. Onceler looks over to you and smiles, dropping the pencil, and swaying a hand at the stand. "Take a look,"

You slide off the ledge of the window and set down your drink. Walking over to him and leaning over his shoulder, you place a hand on the same shoulder and study it.
You analyze each detail and mark on the paper, noting where everything would be, and how it would work.

"I can't wait," you look down at him. You couldn't contain the smile on your face any longer. This is what being proud of somebody you loved was like to you— You had to be happy, and you were.

"Really?" He chortled, meeting your gaze. Evidently, your faces were inches from each other with the way you had been standing next to him. The urge to just lean forward and meet his lips was really starting to get irresistible. You've found the absence of him teases you constantly.

"Yes!" You laugh. The initial instinct in you was to throw your arms around his neck and hug him from your side position beside him. After thinking it over for a second in your mind, you did it. He smiles into your hug and lets the comfort of you to wrap him up.

"I'm so proud of you." You press a quick kiss to his cheek, to which Onceler instantly lets out a nervous laugh at. His hand reaches up to touch the spot you kissed. "I told you it was just ahead of its time." You grin, letting your head rest to the side on your arm as you look at him.

Onceler gazes back with softer eyes, his smile warming. "Yeah- - I knew it would sell."

  There's a knock at the door that breaks you two from the building tension you'd created. Inside, you felt some disappointment bubbling up. And lots of annoyance.
You lift your head and untangle the arms you had around his neck. Onceler looks to the door with curious eyes, and you let out a silent sigh inwardly to yourself. Something always had to ruin a moment.

"Yeah?" He calls out. You lean against the window frame again, taking a sip of the cool drink momentarily left behind.
The door opens, revealing Isabella who made her presence known. She trots inside, taking a quick look around before focusing her eyes on the two of you. She frowns. "Oncie, we've got a little problem."

Onceler sits up straight in his seat. You sensed a pit of worry rising in him. "Uhh, a problem?" He tilts his head to the side out of curiosity.

"Well, you see, the harvesting idea isn't really working anymore. It's just taking too long."

Onceler had made up the idea to still protect the truffulas by just taking their tufts to make into thneeds. It wouldn't damage the stumps, and it could regenerate in the spring. He planned on keeping his promise to the Lorax, so you thought.

His brows furrowed slightly. "Oh." He hums, "What can we do then?"

He reminded you somewhat of a lost puppy.