✓Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Painter Prince

•°•°•°•°•

Weekdays were normal days for the 8-year-old Y/N. Wake up, have breakfast, go to school, do whatever normal 8 year olds do.

Weekends were a whole lot more different though.

Because that's when Y/N has drawing classes!

"And now draw a horizontal line across your paper..." The teacher's voice trailed of as she did exactly what she had said on her own piece of paper which was placed in such a way so all class could see what she was doing. Y/N followed suit, reminding herself not to put too much pressure on the pencil as the teacher had instructed her a few weeks ago. 'It will make it harder to erase any mistakes later...'

A few drawing steps later, the teacher started passing through the students' desks, checking the progress of each. She would occasionally stop at a desk and correct the student's work or give them a piece of advice about something. Some students were quite shy to show their work at first but the teacher's reassuring smile made them trust her enough to show it. The praising words in a high-pitched voice that came out of the teacher's mouth a few seconds later, sparked confidence and admittedly happiness for their artwork.

Of course Y/N received those comments too occasionally, as well as corrections on her artwork -her putting pressure of any drawing material on the paper was still an issue after all- . But she was convinced that her and the teacher had something greater going on.

Which was proved when the teacher passed by her desk and gave her and approving nod.

No, the teacher and her did not have just a student-teacher connection, no no. It was far greater! The teacher was the master, the sensei and Y/N was the star, the apprentice, the prodigy, the-

"Hatsume-san passed to the next drawing step already."

The voice of her friend and seat mate Nobara Kugisaki brough her back from her day dreaming phase. She quickly picked up the pencil and once again, blushing at her friend's quite giggles.

"We may be drawing landscapes and silly cartoons but one day..." Nobara glanced at Y/N "I'll draw you with the silliest most realistic mustache ever!"

•°•°•°•°•

Soon enough, every good thing must come to an end.

"Bye bye Nobara-chan~" You waved at her. Her mother looked at you worriedly as she held Nobara's hand.

"Are you sure you don't want us to drive you home Y/N?" She offered but you kindly denied.

"It's ok! Mom said she might be a bit late but she'll be here soon enough! I don't want her to worry if she finds out I'm not here..." You said the last part shyly.

Nobara's mom looked around for a bit. There were still quite a few children waiting for their parents, amongst them some teens. She also knew that Hatsume-san, the art teacher would stay here until her next class started. She was now convinced that you would be safe even if she left.

"Don't leave this place until your mom comes and picks you up ok?" She asked kindly and you nodded at her.

And then they left, leaving you sitting on a bench near the entrance of the building.

"L/N-chan?" The teacher brought your attention to her. Around her there were middle schoolers, mostly girls, waiting for their lesson to start. "Do you want to come inside and watch our lesson?"

"I..." You looked at one of the teens, she looked back with a bit of a glare. 'Lets just go in already' that look said, no screamed, to her. "I'll stay here..." You mumbled. "Mom should be here anytime soon."