TWELVE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

In the evening I spent an hour in the bathtub, letting the hot water swarm my body and try to relax my open wounds

In the evening I spent an hour in the bathtub, letting the hot water swarm my body and try to relax my open wounds. Hope was right, the scratches were deep and sore but thankfully my wolf healed quick, tomorrow they should mostly be gone. They might leave a few scars but it's better than permanent damage.

Most of the pack went to bed early that night, I snuck downstairs to get something to drink. My dehydration was creeping up on me, needing to help my wolf heal so that I could be back at it again tomorrow. I didn't want anyone thinking that I was weak or easily backed down. Especially not to Kassian.

Filling a cup of water from the tap, I walk out of the pantry doors. Shutting them quietly behind me, as I approach the stairs Kassian emerges from the dimly lit hall. His arms were crossed and his body was leaning against the edge of the wall.

I couldn't shake the thoughts of what I felt when our bodies were pressed together earlier, just looking at him hurt me inside.

"You lost the bet," his deep voice rumbles through the hall.

"I know," I say back sourly.

Kassian's eyebrow flexes at me. "So I get to make the calls," he smirks towards me.

"And what if I don't want to?" I tilt my head towards him.

His shoulders shrug. "I won't force you to do anything." He states cockily. "But I know you want to."

My core began to burn at his words, feeling heat rise from between my thighs and through my soul. Desperate to clench them together but I know that he'll see and know that he's right.

Noticing how heavily my chest started to heave. "Okay," I say simply.

Kassian's smirk stretches as he pushes off the wall and strolls down the hall. My feet take slow and steady steps to follow him, watching as he twists on the door handle and pushes his way into the room.

He allows me in first, I glare at him on the way past. My eyes flick into the room, realising that this was his office. Large oak wood desk with a thick black leather chair, shelves of books and a large vintage map hung up on the wall.

Kassian shuts the door behind me and turns the lock, but I don't turn around to face him. My eyes continue to glance around the room, his scent of blackberries and firewood.

His cold fingers brush my back unexpectedly, I jump and hold onto my strapped pyjama top. "You should put some antibiotic cream on this, it reduces the scars." He murmurs softly from behind me.

"I don't care," I shake my head as I turn around to him.

My eyes blink back at his wide brown eyes, parting my lips to convince myself to breathe. Hating that every time I saw him I found him even more attractive, bossy and dominant. My thighs burn severely and I clench my eyes to stop the pain from creeping up inside my body.