24| 𝑺𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒎𝒊𝒔𝒆𝒔

3rd person POV

It was another 14 hours later when Klaus finally stepped out of the witch's mansion with a heavy heart, knowing what awaited him.

"There you are, finally. Rose has called five times already. We should head back soon, Niklaus," Elijah starts to ramble as Klaus just stands before him with a blank expression on his face, "Niklaus, are you listening to me?" Elijah asks, shaking Klaus' arm and breaking him out of his daze.

"Huh? Yeah yeah I heard you. They um...they don't have a solution, Elijah. Apparently Lyn and Caroline stopped by here earlier too and the witches gave them the same answer. It's inevitable, Elijah," Klaus tells him. Klaus' heart was aching and screaming for him to tell Elijah what he had learned and to go back to his love but he knew he had to do this. He had to do it for his loved ones- his siblings, his daughter, his soulmate.

"So what were you doing in there all this time?" Elijah asks in a confused tone.

"I...I have some work to do, Elijah. You should go back to Mystic Falls and be there for Kaitlyn, brother. I'll see you later," Klaus says and ask he goes to walk away, Elijah holds onto his arm and stops him.

"Niklaus, what is it?"

"It's nothing you need to worry about, Elijah. Just go back and watch over Kaitlyn and Hope for me, until I come back," Klaus pleads as slight tears start to pool in his eyes.

"What are you hiding? It's not me that Hope and Rose needs now. They need you. What work could possibly be more important that her?" Elijah asks, raising his tone slightly.

"I can't tell you that. But believe me, brother, this is for the best of us all," he says as he shoves his arm away from Elijah's grip but Elijah is quick to vamp speed before him as soon as he turns away.

"I am not letting you walk away from this again, Niklaus. Not again. Not her," Elijah states sternly.

"Elijah, you have stood by me for over a thousand years. You have supported me through it all, every time I messed up, every time I put us all in danger, you've always believed in the goodness in me and never left me alone to fight my demons. And then I found that again in her. She means the world to me, brother. She is everything to me and for once, I want to prove to you both that all you did for me wasn't for nothing. Let me do this, Elijah please," Klaus pleads with tears spilling from his eyes.

"Do what? All I've ever done for you...we've ever done for you, was because of our own love and faith in you, brother. You have nothing to hide from us," Elijah comforts Klaus and it was as if the ache in Klaus' heart had intensified in a split second.

 You have nothing to hide from us," Elijah comforts Klaus and it was as if the ache in Klaus' heart had intensified in a split second

"I'm sorry, brother. Just watch over them for me," Klaus says and before Elijah can say anything else, Klaus snaps his neck and Elijah's body falls limp against Klaus' hold, "I'm so so sorry," Klaus whispers as he lays Elijah's body down on the ground and places a small envelope inside his suit pocket for when Elijah wakes up.