Sleepover

The door swung open, followed by the pair of cops running inside and immediately shutting it behind them. They were both freezing and soaking wet, yet laughed it off as though it wasn't a big deal. It's what they got for not being prepared for a storm. Even using a lousy umbrella would've been better than what they did, which was make a run for it to Judy's apartment building.

"Geez, that rain came out of nowhere." Judy laughed, wiping her feet on the mat in front of the door. It was an old, slightly ripped mat that scratched her feet, but at least she wouldn't slip on the wooden floor (she hoped).

"No kidding." Nick, her partner, scoffed as he tried to shake away the raindrops off of his body. But shaking too much would've just caused them to splash on Judy, so he didn't do it for long.

She pulled her key out from her belt pouch, "Here, let's go dry off."

Nick followed her up the stairs of the apartment complex. From the looks of things, it didn't seem to be a nice place to live, but he had seen worse. He was just surprised Judy was comfortable living somewhere like this. Sure, she grew up on a farm, but even she should've wanted something less..dirty.

Once they reached her floor, she unlocked the door and opened it to reveal her very small apartment. Actually, Nick would hardly call it that. It was more like a room with hardly any space to walk. He almost thought it was a joke.

Judy chuckled when she saw his reaction to her place. "Yeah, I know. It's not much. But I'm saving up so I'll hopefully be moving out soon." She crossed her fingers.

"I just wasn't expecting this." Nick said as they walked inside. "I mean, it's not...terrible. It's uh, cozy."

"You can say it; it's a shit hole." She said, shutting the door. "But my family doesn't have a big income so it's all I could afford at the time."

She reached into one of her suitcases stuffed in a corner, where she kept her linens and toiletries. She pulled out two towels, tossing one over to the fox. "Are you cold? I can make us some hot cocoa if you want."

Nick wasn't that cold, in all honesty. But who was he to turn down something like hot cocoa? Besides, he could tell that she really wanted some herself and was going to make it regardless. "Sure." He shrugged, using the towel to dry off his fur. "I don't suppose you have any fox-sized clothes lying around?"

"No, I don't think so." She giggled, wrapping the towel around her head. "But I have some long sweatpants my older brother lent me. He's pretty tall so maybe they'll fit you."

He didn't think that was likely. The tallest bunny in the world wasn't even close to reaching the height of an average-sized fox like him. But it was better than nothing. "Alright, I'll try them on."

Judy nodded and walked over to the small space she called a closet—which was actually just a rack she could hang her clothes on. She grabbed the pair of grey sweats from on top of the shelf and tossed them to Nick. "I'm gonna change, too. So if you could turn around please."

Nick gave her a look before turning around to face the window, where several droplets of rain hit the glass and dripped down in a disorganized race. The two began to remove their uniforms, trying to ignore the fact that the other was right behind them and they could easily catch a glimpse if they wanted. (But they wouldn't, of course)

Judy quickly changed into a purple nightgown, while Nick squeezed his way into the sweatpants she gave him. They were long enough to cover most of his legs, but they were tight and he almost couldn't get them to his waist. He was lucky he could even get his tail through the hole provided in the back. It wasn't a perfect fit, but it was better than no pants at all.