~THIRTY~

“We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.”

                                     ^°^°^°^

Shout out to  _Aasa_      for the wonderful cover above. She really surprised me with it!!! She made two actually but I'll post the second one in the next chapter. God bless you babe!❤️

                                     •BOLU

It wasn't until the hall was filled with the sound of a raging applause that I actually realized what happened.

I did it.

It seemed surreal but I actually did it.

I freaking did it.

I was still in shock as I stepped down the stage - podium. The rest of the presentation for other students passed in a blur. I remembered seeing Nina and her group, Joy and her group too but I couldn't even remember what their groups talked about.

I was too focused with shock on the fact that I'd actually spoken like that.

The 'seminar' ended and when I stepped out of the hall...

"Bolu, geez! That was amazing!" Gift squealed. "And I'm sorry I ever doubted your abilities. I'm sorry I didn't believe in you." She hugged me tight.

Instead of me to say 'thank you', I found myself wondering whose hug was tighter between hers and Nina's.

Nina's hug won, by the way.

When she pulled away, I saw the other group members except Ore.

"Sheybi I talk say make you free the girl, say she sabi wetin she go do," Alvin said, looked at Ini and then back at me before raising his hand for a high five.

I smiled and returned it.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Jumai chose well who would speak for us," Nonso said tight-lipped. I could tell it was really hard for him to admit it.

I just smiled.

"You were really good and I never doubted you..." Ini started.

Alvin cleared his throat. We burst out laughing.

Ini glared at him. "Hey! I was talking here!"

"We didn't know that," Alvin said grinning. "Was it not you that blatantly told me how much you thought Ore made a mistake and how much you hated that Gift didn't get to be our speaker..." He paused for a while, like he was trying to remember something and said, "I also remember you telling me that you think Ore was showing Bolu too much__"

"Shut up Alvin!" Ini said with gritted teeth, glaring at him madly now.

Gift laughed nervously. Alvin kept grinning as Ini glared at him (she couldn't meet my eyes though) and Nonso just looked bored.

It was getting awkward so I cleared the air with my kind and heartfelt words: "Thank you, thank you. It was really nice working with you guys. You're all naturally so smart and intelligent."

"Group hug!" Gift sang out.

Everyone looked at her.

"This ain't no cheer squad," Nonso said shaking his head.

"Come on! You people nauuuu," Gift whined and pouted.

Alvin looked at Nonso and Ini. "Make we just do am. Let's just..." He gestured for us to come together.