27| 𝑶𝒖𝒓 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍

3rd person POV
Supernatural Plane

"Wait, so you mean that it's been 17 years since...then and the twins are 16 year-old siphoner witches?" Jo asks in an exasperated tone, being unable to comprehend everything that Catherine and Stefan had told her.

"Yes and now, your brother Kai is dead so your daughters must merge because of the stupid rules of your coven. My daughter risked her life to come here and find you, so you better have a solution to suggest now," Catherine states in an almost annoyed tone. Stefan raises his brow at Catherine's changed demeanor but decided not to question it.

"Well I tried for years to avoid my own merge, from hiding my magic away to sending Kai to a prison world, we tried it all. Nothing worked, obviously, so I don't know what to tell you," Jo replies in a small voice while looking down at her hand.

"I think I might have a suggestion. It's rather unethical but it could work," Sheila Bennett speaks up next as the other three look at her expectantly.

"We'll need to strike a bargain with someone from Hell," she says with a smirk as the others look at her, confused.

"Someone from Hell? Don't tell me you're suggesting bringing back that sociopath," Catherine says and Sheila just smiles at her.

"I am, but only temporarily. I saw we send his soul back too to the real realm. Since Jo didn't merge with Kai, the system didn't work properly. What if this time, Jo did merge with him?" Sheila suggests and Jo shakes her head 'no'.

"No, the only reason I didn't merge with him the last time was because we knew I wasn't strong enough."

"Only because you didn't practice magic back then and because it all came as a surprise, Jo. It's been sixteen years since," Stefan tries to reason but she still looks hesitant.

"And something tells me you're more powerful than you think you are. You kids have a habit of underestimating yourselves," Catherine states and Sheila nods.

"But if you're still unsure, I am willing to lend my magic to you in a necklace. With extra magic backing you up, you are bound to win," Sheila elaborates.

"And then what? I lead the coven and when I die, the twins have to merge all over again. It's inevitable," Jo fires back and Sheila chuckles.

"You can't go back there permanently anyways, child. A witch can't break nature's laws and not pay the price. I saw my granddaughter pay the price and now, Lady Catherine knows the price she has to pay too. What I am saying is, you merge with the sociopath and you win so he's gone for good this time. Then with our magic, you cast a permanent spell to nullify your coven's merge system permanently, thus saving your daughters as well as their future generations. It's that simple now that Lady Catherine can even get all your ancestors to subconsciously approve of it," Sheila explains the makeshift plan to Jo.

 It's that simple now that Lady Catherine can even get all your ancestors to subconsciously approve of it," Sheila explains the makeshift plan to Jo

"H-how can you convince the ancestors so easily? People have tried for years and failed," Jo trails off as the other three chuckle.

"Well, Kaitlyn and her mom are sort of witch royalty, apparently. So Catherine can make it work if you're on board," Stefan tells her with a smile.