Chapter one

The foster system, a dark abyss that only the lucky few can escape. You would think that the foster system is totally amazing, but as a sixteen year old foster child it seems like prison. My name is Avery. I have been in the foster system for eleven years and all the family I have left is my little sister Lilly and I only see her three times a year. My birthday, her birthday, and Christmas. I know its sad but that's what the FSA says and we kinda have to listen to the Foster System Association. I'm so close to being on my own out of the foster system out of being moved around and then I will finally get to adopt my little sister and we will be together again.
In an instant I was pulled by a sweet voice speaking the words every teenager dreads.

AVERY!!! GET OUT OF BED TIME FOR SCHOOL!!

Thanks Jenna!!!!

You're welcome darlin'.
Jenna is my foster mom, for now.
I've lived with her for two years and might get transferred to a group home soon.
A group home is where the unwanted kids go. All the criminals, rude kids, or older kids live in the group homes.
I may get transferred because I have lived in Jenna's house for two years, and been in the foster system for ten years without a single adoption offer.
AVERY IM NOT KIDDING YOU'RE GONNA BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!
Okay, okay I'm up!
I pull on a black skirt, white top, black converse and my black beanie over my blonde hair.
Jacket?
Jenna it's in my car
Make up?
Car. Now I need to leave or I'll really be late

One thing that is a constant in my life is bullying. I guess you pick on the fostered orphan.

Avery!

Georgia.

You know no one wants you right? They have to send you somewhere. How bout oh I don't know juvie?

I'm not a criminal.

Make one wrong move and I'll make it seem like you are.

Go away Georgia

No. You are pathetic. You are a girl that goes around feeling sorry for herself and hurting everyone.

No I don't. I've never felt sorry for myself. Even after my parents were killed.

Oh trying to be brave? Well I hope this never happens again I don't want to... call the police and report a robbery or anything.

I felt tears fighting their way to the surface. Not here, defiantly not in front of her.

The devil walked away and suddenly I felt better knowing that it would be an empty case. I haven't stolen anything or done anything illegal. Right?