8.

"Sam?" Ivy slurred. He rolled his eyes, but he wasn't really annoyed with her. Sam was worried about her.

The past few weeks, he realized that her birthday was coming up soon and that he had absolutely nothing to give to her. Sam spent the weeks sleepless and extremely nerve-wracked. He stayed up all night planning the perfect day for her. She would want to spend a day with her friends, so he left her alone for her real birthday, and decided to spend the next day with her. Of course, he'd understand if she declined, but Sam would have been crushed. He always put off the offer, scared she would say no that he ended up not asking her at all, and if that wasn't enough, she probably thought he was ignoring her.

He had drove all the way to her house to ask her, but she was already at a party, though in his mind, it was a bit late for her to be out. There were lots of creeps roaming around in Forks. Sam asked her grandpa where she was, but he had no clue either, he only knew she was with her school friends from a call Ivy had made 30 minutes ago. Her grandfather knew Ivy would just sleepover at a friend's if she was too drunk and thought nothing of it, which was the reasonable thing to do. Nobody was as responsible as Ivy.

"Get out of the car, Ivy. I'll drive you." He said, coaxing her outside gently as she slurred her words at him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, obviously out of it. He helped her into the passenger's seat. "I got worried." He replied, fastening her seatbelt. Ivy leaned back into her seat.

"Nice ride." He commented, unsure if she'd even comprehend his compliment. She did. Ivy mumbled out a little 'thanks' that made his heart flutter. She was adorable.

Ivy dozed. Dozed. Head against the passenger side window, eyes closed, hair cascading slightly down the curved bridge of her nose.

When Sam meant home, he meant his home, though she was always welcome to live with him whether she knew it or not. It was too far and too late for him to drive her back to hers'. His small house was just on the end of La Push Beach. He had bought it for himself after graduating high school.

It wasn't anything special, you could even call it a trailer house. But it was something, and it was his.

Sam was always out, so he never really found the time to mess up the place. It had a simple maroon couch, a small TV, a bookshelf with three books and many tribal wooden carvings, and a dying cactus. His bedroom was nothing special, either. It had a soft bed with no bed frame, it was just a mattress on top of a very large coffee table. He made sure to litter it with pillows so it was unnoticeable. Multiple things were laid out on his dresser, his watch, sunglasses, cologne. He also had pictures of his mom and the wolf pack.

When Sam got there, he nudged her awake, gently.

"Ivy, wake up." He whispered, brushing her hair away from her face. She stirred in her sleep, pouting. Sam chuckled, resisting the urge to explode with love.

Sam picked her up as he made sure to lock her car doors and take the key with him. Ivy was aware of her surroundings now, and realised she was in the arms of Sam.

"It's okay. I'm awake. I can walk." She said, embarrassed that he was carrying her. Ivy pulled free and leaned on the walls for support as Sam locked the door.

"Are you sur-"

"I'm fine." She cut him off, "I would - just...really like a shower right now."

Sam nodded, "I'll run a bath."

Ivy stopped herself from throwing up again.

"No, no. I'll do it myself."

"Ivy." Sam said, a stern look strewn across his face. His lips were pressed in a thin line. "Look at yourself. What makes you think you'll be able to even walk to the bathroom?" He asked. Ivy shook her head, "I can..." She stumbled over to the bathroom, until Ivy knew it was coming. She had to throw up again.

Sam sighed, watching her rush to the toilet as she shut the door, not letting him in. He didn't even hear he throw up or retch. She was silent the whole time. Ivy was the opposite of a fussy drunk. She was so easy to handle.

She opened the door after a few minutes, "Done." She sighed out, letting him. Sam shot her a single worried look, before he bent down to run the bath. Ivy leaned against the wall as she finally started to sober up a lot. A few stray strands of hair had fallen on her face yet again. Sam desperately wanted to brush it away like some kind of fairytale prince, to take his delicate hand and stroke her cheek and face and look into her eyes. But it wasn't like that. He wasn't like that. His delicate fairy hands were rough and calloused from patrols, his royal crown a broken choice of becoming the leader of a curse he didn't want to be ridden with.

He started to undress her at Ivy's request, not caring if he was looking or not. Sam's eyes widened as his left eye twitched. He looked away almost immediately.

"It's okay, you can look. I'm still in my underwear."

Sam pulled her shirt over her head.

The water was lukewarm, because he didn't know if she would like the hot water, but Sam didn't want her to catch a cold either.

Ivy turned around, unashamed at her partial nudity, and Sam's confused, glazed over eyes stared at their face before slowly skulking down her chest, mouth open slightly.

She felt safe with him. Ivy knew deep down in her heart he would never do anything to harm her. She had felt that way for a long time, ever since she met him.

Sam closed the water tap and tugged on her hand as she stood in front of him. "Come on. Get in." He ordered softly as she stepped in the water. Ivy let the water reach to her shoulders as she sunk in the lovely feeling of warmth. She closed her eyes for just a split second, taking in the feeling.

"Do you mind if i..." Sam trailed off, gesturing that he wanted to wash her hair. Ivy shook her head, "I don't."

San nodded, holding back the urge to fight his lip. They sat there as he washed her hair with soap that smelled exactly like him.

She smelled like him.

It was the first thing Ivy noticed once she got out of the bath and was almost completely sober. There's no way that she almost let him see her completely naked. It was starting to come back to her and embarrass her, but Ivy didn't regret it at all. No matter what, she still trusted Sam wholeheartedly. Sam was the one that washed her, he was also the one that gave her food and water and warm clothes. He was the one that dried her up after the shower.

"Come. Let's sleep." The coax was gentle, and Sam hoped to god that Ivy wouldn't remember how sappy he was being.

He tucked her into his large, warm, cozy bed but refused to get in.

"I'm sleeping on the couch." He said awkwardly, hand finding its way to the back of his neck. Ivy rolled her eyes and snorted.

"You've seen me almost naked, Sam. Just get in already."

There was this strange sort of silence where they just looked at each other, words unsaid, uncomfortable and yet comforting. Ivy's eyes were hazy and half lidded.

She also didn't move away when a strong arm slid over to her side and pulled her close.