Chapter 1

-Alex's P.O.V-

The room was dim, the only light that shone was from a tv that sat on a singular shelf on the wall. Small taps and clicks could be heard within the room. "C'mon Alissa, gotta try harder than that, or I'm going to beat your fucking ass," I said with a small laugh as I continued to press the buttons on my controller. The day was coming to an end as the sun began to set. I had invited my cousin over for a little bonding time, in which we decided to play a video game together. Funny enough, a game that she wasn't the best in. I suppose the game is a little unfair. Soon enough, the game was over and the winner was declared. "Now that was fun, wasn't it?" I asked, only to receive a huff in return. "What's wrong?" I asked teasingly. "You know what's wrong. You knew I wasn't good at this game" I heard her say in defeat. "I know, I know, but if you keep practicing. Like I keep telling you, you'll eventually get better at it" I say with a sigh, leaning back against the wall as I stretch my feet out on the bed.

-Alissa's P.O.V-

After the game was over I got my Nintendo Switch to play Animal Crossing New Horizons since it was one of my favorite games. I was working on my island, WillowTree, to make it fall-themed since fall was my favorite season. I tried my best to make it look good. My game suddenly froze on me out of nowhere. I was getting upset because I was working on something really pretty. I started to yell, "HEY WHAT HAPPENED TO MY?! MY SWITCH, IT JUST FUCKING FROZE ON ME!!" Out of nowhere when I tapped the screen something weird was happening to it and I started to go somewhere I had never been to in my life.

-Alex's P.O.V-

As we finished up the game, I decided to turn on one of my favorite games, Galor. It's was mostly a DND-based game, a game where I could be whoever I wanted to be, go wherever I wanted to go. It was like another world I was a part of. I was in the middle of walking towards the tavern before my game froze. As soon as it happened I could hear Alissa yelling over her game. "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself as I began to frantically press buttons, but nothing seemed to avail. "Yeah... My game just froze too" I said as I leaned back against the wall once more, unsure what to do. As I stared into the screen, it seemed to begin to glow. My body felt light and before I knew it, I blacked out, falling into a dark abyss.

-Alissa's P.O.V-

When I touched the screen more than before my eyes I was out of this world. I end up on my island name WillowTree. I was flipping out and I didn't see my cousin anywhere. I didn't if the phone I had could get hold of him. I was so worried I ended up passing out due to all the worrying that I was doing during this whole thing.

-Alex's P.O.V-

I woke up, laying in the grass under an older oak tree. Groaning a bit, I sat up and began to take a look at my surroundings, a fourth of a mile to the right I saw a small town. More like a village. It seemed a lot more medieval-themed. The longer I stared, the more I recognized. The town was Merton, the starter village in the game that I was just playing moments ago, Galor. I scurried up to my feet, leaning over a puddle to get a glimpse of my reflection. I looked mostly normal, but my ears had come to a point, and my clothes were different, I even wore the cape my character had worn. Looking into the bag I had, I had quite a bit of currency. A total of 250 gold pieces. It seemed as if some of it had transferred from my game. I had a few weapons, a bow, as well as a sword that was attached to the belt of my waist.

Finally taking the initiative, I began to make my way towards town, light footsteps as I looked around. Finally making it into the small village, I figured the best place to go would be the Tavern. Taking a step inside, it almost felt like home, like it was where I was meant to be. I was hesitant, but I began to walk up to the counter. "Hello there traveler, what can I get for you?" I heard a voice say. Behind the counter was a human. He had long dark hair, a slim face, and his voice was very pleasant to hear. I looked across the selections of drinks for a moment before speaking, "Um, Yeah, I'll take a shot of the Phoenix" I said before sitting down, reaching into my back for the appropriate amount of gold coins. He handed over the shot before speaking to me, "Ah, no worries. The first drink is always on the house for newcomers. "Oh, thank you" I responded as I downed the shot almost immediately. I winced slightly as I could feel it burn its way down my throat. "What is your name dear elf?" I heard him ask. "Al-" I began to say before stopping myself.