28| 𝑬𝒏𝒅 𝑶𝒇 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑳𝒊𝒏𝒆

3rd Person POV
Mystic Falls' Pipeline Dungeons

"Hello, brother," they all hear from behind them.

And there he stood, in all his glory...Mister Hero Hair.

"St-Stefan?" Damon stammers as the others just stare in shock.

"The one and the only," Stefan replies with a smile as they both walk towards each other and wrap themselves into the tightest hug ever.

"How're you here?" Damon whispers to him while still not letting go.

"Lyn," is all Stefan needed to say for them to understand.

"Y-You knew? And you didn't tell us?" Caroline mutters to Kaitlyn while still staring blankly, not being able to comprehend if this was real or not.

"I knew there was a possibility but I wasn't sure if it would work so I decided it was better to not get anyone's hopes up for no reason," Kaitlyn explains guiltily.

"Caroline," Stefan cuts off Kaitlyn as he hears his wife's voice and lets go of the hug.

"A-are you really here?" Caroline asks with a quivering voice and Stefan nods as tears well up in his own eyes

"A-are you really here?" Caroline asks with a quivering voice and Stefan nods as tears well up in his own eyes. Caroline stares at him for a few more seconds before rushing into his arms and wrapping him into a hug, as if she never planned on letting go.

Kaitlyn smiled at them, knowing she probably wouldn't have to anyways.
"We'll give you two some time," Kaitlyn says as she holds onto Kol and then Damon's hands and drags them outside.

As soon as the three are outside, Damon pulls Kaitlyn into a tight hug, almost shocking her for a second before she too hugs him back.

"Thank you so much for this. I...I can't even put it to words how much even this little time with him is going to mean to me and Caroline. Oh, and Elena. Stefanie can finally meet her Uncle Stef that she hears so much about. All because of you," Damon mumbles into the hug.

"You don't have to thank me, Damon. He was my best friend too and all these years, you've all done so much for me. Care raised the kids when I couldn't and you...you've been amazing, it's the least I could do, selfishly enough. And as for 'little time', it might be longer than that," she tells him and he breaks off the hug, staring at her with wide eyes. Kaitlyn chuckles lightly and begins to explain the entire situation to them.