Chapter 14

"non-durable happiness"

The wind was blowing hard, blowing away the leaves of various shades of brown, the clouds lingered in the sky making sure that minimal sunlight filtered through

The wind was blowing hard, blowing away the leaves of various shades of brown, the clouds lingered in the sky making sure that minimal sunlight filtered through. Students wandered around the school grounds, some chatting lively and others focused on their phones.

In one of the many rooms of the building lay Isobelle, lying on her bed tangled in sheets and covered with a soft blanket while Frederic was almost ready to leave the room but not before pressing a kiss to the girl's forehead who opened her eyes slowly at the contact.

"Go back to sleep." He mumbled pressing another kiss to her head.

"No." She argued as she sat up. "I want breakfast anyways." She assured the boy so he wouldn't feel bad about waking up.

She was about to stand up when she noticed her lack of clothing and a small amount of pain in her lower abdomen, her hands immediately reached the blankets as she wrapped her body in them, memories from the previous night flooding back to her mind.

Frederic chuckled at her embarrassment while she tried to reach for her clothes.

"It's not funny you know." She told the boy as she threw a shirt at him. "Instead of just standing there laughing you could help me find my clothes."

"Why would I want to do that? I have already seen you naked." He said as he walked towards her with a smirk plastered in his face.

Isobelle gasped at his words as she slapped his arm in a playful way.

"You are a jerk."

"But you still love me." He dragged his words as he connected their lips in a sweet short kiss.

"Do I?" She teased.

"Oh of course you do." He threw a sweater at her as he opened the door. "I'll wait outside."

Isobelle smiled at his respectful behavior and realized how lucky she was.

Once she finished changing she exited her room and found her boyfriend outside just like he said, he linked their arms as they walked down the corridor, joking, murmuring and sharing small kisses, both of them happier than ever.

——————————— • —————————

Of course, this happiness was not exactly long-lasting, for when she had parted from her boyfriend, who went to his room to get a change of clothes and take a shower, she ran into someone when she was looking for her brother.