Chapter Twenty One

As the days and weeks passed, Dean found that he and Cas spent more and more time together. Whether it be on set, texting, or hanging out at Dean's place, they were seeing a lot of each other. Even weirder than that, though, was that Dean realized he didn't mind. And as the time passed, Castiel acted less and less weird about it. It became their new normal.

For weeks, Cas had been spending several nights a week at Dean's place. Sometimes he stayed, sometimes he didn't, but Dean always enjoyed the company. After all, he was still grieving Jess, and it was nice to have someone to lean on when he needed it. Cas seemed more than happy to be that person to lean on. As fast as it had happened, Dean knew that it should strike him as strange. It just... didn't. It wasn't like he was super attached to the romantic shit that seemed to be happening with them, but it was nice.

After about three weeks of this, they had slowly begun approaching the end of production on the movie. They still had a few weeks of shooting to go, but then it would be promo and trailers time. Dean, as much as he wanted the movie finished to see the full production, found himself dreading the end. Because the end could very well mean the end of whatever weird new animosity he and Cas seemed to have.

Dean had gone to set on the day that marked three weeks from final day. That was, if they did everything on time. It was set to happen that way, and if they stayed on schedule, it would. Some of his only scenes left to film were their romance scenes that didn't involve any sexual content. He found his chest feeling odd after thinking about it, but brushed it off in favor of focusing on the work ahead for the day.

He had almost made it to his trailer to drop some things off when he heard his name called from behind. Turning, he saw Cas jogging toward him, a massive grin on his face.

"Well good morning, Mr. I Look Like I Died Last Night," Cas teased, earning himself a strong middle finger.

He laughed, shaking his head. Dean sighed dramatically before answering.

"Good morning to you too, asshole," he joked, and Cas just grinned again.

Wiggling his eyebrows, he leaned toward Dean. Putting his hands on Dean's shoulders, he looked him in the eyes in what was probably supposed to come off as a stern look. It wasn't working, considering how hard he was trying not to laugh at the same time.

"Now listen, Dean. I know we're filming the romance scenes today, and I know it will be hard for you to suppress the urge to proclaim your real-life love for me on set, but I will need you to hold back for both our sakes," he said, cackling and dodging Dean's poorly aimed smack.

Dean couldn't help it, he was laughing too. Putting his hands on his hips, he rolled his eyes at Cas.

"You fucking wish I was madly in love with you, dickwad. I am barely fond of you," he stated.

Cas clutched his chest like he had been shot, staggering backwards. He looked at Dean, betrayal on his face as he collapsed to his knees. Dean couldn't help but laugh at his dramatics.

"How dare you say something like that to me!" Cas shouted, falling onto the ground. "I give you my heart, my time, my dick, and this is what I am rewarded with?"

Dean was clutching his sides, and he found himself falling onto the step to his trailer as he tried to stop his laughter and catch a breath. Cas was sitting up on his elbows, laughing still. Dean finally managed to catch his breath, shaking his head at Cas.

"One of these days, you'll discover your undying love for me," Cas said, letting Dean help him up. He leaned closer to Dean's ear, giggling to himself. "Or, at least, admit your love for my dick."