Part One: Fleeting Distress Prologue

Charli

     The music of a piano flowed throughout the room, the sounds it made graceful. It felt as though the music could dance as Charli could hear the music. It soothed her, her body seeming to follow the music's movements. With one leg up on her other and her hands formed as if they carried a light, oval-shaped object, she had assumed the first position of her dance. She followed her own rythym through her head, feeling like the music carried her gently. Step by step, her twirl of positions would unfold. She could imagine herself dancing in a beautiful meadow of flowers and butterflies as she closed her eyes, leaping and landing on her tiptoes to twirl. The music then felt as if it stopped as the doors opened. Charli's eyes fluttered open as she lost her balance and fell on the hardwood floor. "Charli, are you alright?! Did you get hurt in the fall?" A familiar voice had asked her worriedly. She looked up to find Luca as she was helped up by him. "Yes, I'm okay, I am not hurt." She paused. "How did you know I was here though?" Luca spoke with his hand behind his neck, grinning sheepishly. "I may or may not have been watching you through the side windows when I heard the music... I'm sorry for startling you." Charli smiled brightly. "It's okay, Luca! I know you never meant to hurt me."
     "Heh, you're too sweet, little Charli." Charli would cock her head to the side, wondering what that meant, but she knew she probably would never know due to the mysteriousness of Luca and his mystery brother. "Anyways, it's an hour and twenty minutes after school ended, and you're still here in the dance studio. Why don't you come get a treat with me at the little café around the corner, near the school?" Luca asked, a little shy about it, but already knew her answer. "Of course!"

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .《~♡~》