New Family| Dramione

Hermione was sitting on the cold bench in the park. Her eyes never met Draco, who was sitting so close to her that she could feel his warm breaths on her cheeks as his eyes burnt holes in her head.

Millions of thoughts were racing in her head as the memories from the soon ended dinner with the Malfoys. Narcissa had been so calm, smiling most of the time as she had been listening to Hermione about her hobbies and her favorite book. Lucius hadn't been as charming and understanding as his wife about Hermione and Draco's relationship, but at least he hadn't insulted her.

Not at first at least.

Then Draco had pulled his father in the other room, excusing himself that he had to take some book from Lucius' study. And when Mr Malfoy returned he had been as red as a tomato, his fists looking for something to hit.

"Father !" Draco had screamed after him. "You can't decide instead of me!"

"And you can't decide who will join the Malfoy family without us! What about your poor mother?!" he had pointed at the very pale Narcissa, who had looked at her son with wide opened eyes. Her smile had faded as she watched her son. "We are purebloods, Draco Lucius Malfoy! Our family..."

"Our family is not all pureblood," Draco had hissed at his father. "Not like the Blacks."

"Of course not!" Lucius had laughed. "You aren't married to your cousin, right?!" Mr Malfoy had looked at Hermione. "Is that why you brought her tonight? To throw all of your legacy our of the fucking window?!"

Normally, Draco had told Hermione, Narcissa would tell her husband not to curse or to tell him to go to bed without whiskey, but tonight she had been too shocked, to scared to even move. Like she was a little girl, looking at the falling apart of her whole world.

Meanwhile Hermione had been sitting there, looking at her boyfriend's cold face - so unfamiliar, so distant that she wasn't sure how that could be her Draco. Draco who laughed at her jokes, who smiled at her as she was exited about some part of a book, who stayed with her all night just to calm her down from an emotional part of the book, who gave her kisses all over the body, who hugged her and made her gifts for no particular reason.

"You're a Malfoy!" Lucius had screamed. "And it's either her or us."

Draco had looked at Hermione. "Come on, love. We're leaving."

Narcissa had jumped on her feet, looking terrified and more pale than ever. She had looked firstly at her husband and then at her son, maybe trying to figure out how to make her little boy stay.

But Draco's eyes had never left Hermione's as he reached out a hand to her. She had blinked a few times not sure what was going on until Lucius Malfoy had screamed.

"YOU CAN'T MARRY A MUDDBLOOD!"

And then Draco's fist had landed on his father's face. Hermione had jumped, breathing heavily as she watched Lucius, more red than before trying to understand what was happening and if there were starts in the middle of the Malfoy Manor's living room.

"Don't. Ever. Call her. Muddblood again," Draco's voice had been quieter than a whisper in a lonely night, but somehow Hermione had managed to hear him. "Love," he had said again, turning to Hermione. "Let's go home."

Hermione had taken his hand and they both had taken a few steps towards the door until Lucius' voice had stopped them.

"If you go out of that door, boy, you will be no longer my son."

For a moment, less than a breath, Hermione had thought that Draco would leave, that he would return to his parents, leaving her alone, trembling, trying so hard not to cry. But he had just turned around with a scaring smile on his lips and had said calmly, "Maybe I don't want to be your son."