Awkward

It all started when I asked Kaalki to take us somewhere. Anywhere.
So now we were here.
San Francisco, America.
Now, you may be asking why I left Paris.
Simple really.
After I, and I alone, defeated Hawkmoth and Mayura, when they were revealed as Gabriel Agreste and his assistant Nathalie Sancoeur.

Flashback

Seconds after I loaded them into the back of the police car, Chat Noir landed beside me, eyes bright with excitement.
"Come my lady. I need to show you something."
I frowned at his behavior. I was bloody, battered, and bruised.
I haven't even reversed the damage with my ladybug cure and here he was, all excited.
"Chat, hold on. I cant right now."
Painfully, I grabbed the discarded toothbrush and barely managed to throw it up due to the nine broken or cracked ribs.
The ladybugs swept over my body with a cool breeze, erasing all marks and injuries from the fight.
But there was still a phantom pain, a reminder of what happened.
Frowning, I followed Chat to our spot.
"What is it Chat, what could possibly be so important that it couldnt wait until I was done giving the reports to the police?"
He pressed a hand over his heart. "Meowch m'lady. But still, our secret identities."
Before I could say anything, he was already calling off his transformation. "Plagg, claws in."
A bright green light engulfed Chat Noir, and instead of seeing his civillian identity first, all I could focuse on was Plagg.
He looked horrible. He was weak, far weaker than he should have been, and when he exited the ring, he hovered in midair for a split second before plummeting to the ground.
Again, before I had time to react, Chat shot his hand forward and caught Plagg, squeezing far to tightly.
I watched with wide eyes as Adrien stuffed Plagg into his shirt pocket harshly, not even giving Plagg any food.
Adrien had a maniacal smile.on his face as he watched me with an eager expression.
"Well Bugaboo, even happier than expected?"
Memories flashed before my eyes.
Adrien standing over me with a disgusted look on his face as Alya and Lila beat me.
Adrien telling me that this wouldnt have happened if I had taken the high road as I cleaned the blood from the large gash across my forehead.
Adrien disgusted with me.
Adrien ignoring me.
Adrien soon believing Lilas lies.
Adrien joining in on beating me along with my other classmates.
Adrien.
Adrien.
...
"Adrien! No, I am not happy," I growled. "Of all people to be my partner. Once upon a time I would have been ecstatic, but now you are no better than youre father. I have been keeping an eye on your class for a while, and what I found out was horrifying. Bullying Marinette? Telling her to take the 'high road.' That is unacceptable. Did you know Marinette Dupain-Cheng has almost been akumatized, from what she has told me, over three hundred and seventy-one times in this last year? I will never be happy with you Adrien Agreste. I am disgusted."
With every word Adrien shrank down into himself, tears flowing freely from his eyes.
I stalked towards him, and he cringed away. I grabbed his hand and roughly pulled off the ring, then I reached into hia shirt pocket and as gently as I could, plucked up Plagg.
I stepped backwards away from Adrien, cradeling Plagg close to my chest.
Instead of the warmth he should be emitting, Plagg was cold.
That only made me angrier. "Adrien Agreste," I spat out, " As guardian of the miraculous I strip you of the black cat miraculous. Never again shall you hold a miraculous, and neither shall anyone of your bloodline. I forbid you from speaking of your time as Chat Noir, and Aspik. Goodbye Adrien. This will be the last time you see me or Plagg."
I turned away and pulled out my yoyo, still cradeling Plagg and the ring in one hand, and yoyoed away.
'I dont regret a single thing I said,' I thought as I landed on my balcony and detransformed, hopping into my room.
"Hold on Plagg," I whispered, gently setting him on my pillow and covering him up.
Tikki floated over and sat next to him, staring at him sadly.
I jumped off the bed and rushed into the kitchen, thankful my parents were in the bakery still.
I grabbed all of our rolls of camembertand about six dozen cookies and macaroons for Tikki, plus some sugar cubes.
I ran back into my room and crawled into my bed, careful of all of the kwamis that were huddles around Plagg.
He was sitting up, and seemed a smidge better.
His face lit up at the cheese and I smiled fondly at him.
He zoomed right over and happily started to scarf down the cheese.
I climed off the bed once again and grabbed a giant duffle bag, shoving as many outfits as I could into it. Once that one was full I grabbed another bag and shoved even more clothes into it. It was about halfway full when I then started putting fabric into it.
I pulled out a backpack and stuffed it full of threads and needles, anything I would need to handsew anything I wanted.
The kwamis all watched me with sad eyes as I prepared to leave, already knowing nothing would be able to change my mind.
As soon as I had gotten everything into three large bags, one backpack, and my purse stuffed into a larger one containing a fake ID for America, China, Japan, Scotland, Ireland, Russia, or Germany, hundreds of dollars in each currency, and the miracle box. 
I had been preparing for this for a long time.
As soon as Hawkmoth was defeated, I was leaving.
I didnt have anyone to really stay for.
Yes, I had my parents, but even then, ever since Lilas lies had weasled thier way i to my parents minds, they were suddenly to busy for me, cold towards me, and didnt really seem to care for me at all.
The fact that Chat Noir was Adrien only solidified my resolve to leave.
The only people I would miss were Jagged and Penny, but I could always contact them in secret without telling them where I was. They would be sad if they never heard from me again.
I pulled out the notes I had made, and set them on my desk, a ladybug paperweight holding them in place.
Putting on the glasses, I called upon Kaalki and transformed, ushering all but Tikki into the miracle box.
I opened a random portal and stepped through, finding myself in a dark filthy alley.
I sighed and grabbed all my bags, grabbing out the new phone I had bought, I left my old phone back in Paris, and searched where we were.
San Francisco, America.

End of flashback.

About three blocks away was an arpartment for three hundred dollars a month, utilities not included.
It was two o'clock I the afternoon when I first teleported here, and by the time I was finished meeting up with the landlord and signing the month to month lease, it was seven at night.
I was hungry, tired, and homesick just a bit.
Thats when I realized I had a neighbor.
Not that I didnt know that I had a neighbor, because I do know that I have two. Its more like I had one of those neighbors.
He started blasting shrill, high pitched, out of tune, what sounded like, guitar practice?
I lay on the inflatable mattress for about ten seconds before I heard loud pounding and a pause in the music.
It was muffled, but I managed to catch snippets.
"Agreement...work...please...you dont scare me."
Wait a minute, what was the last thing?
I got up and grabbled the old four foot long pipe I was using as my weapon of defense and creeped to the door.
I kept the pipe hidden as I opened the door and peeked out.
On the left side of me, at the end of the hall, there were two doors right across from each other.
I was thankful that I was on the other side of the hall from noise-maker.
Two guys were talking, one was a squirrelly tall blond guy with colored hair and tattoos. He must be the noisey neighbor.
The other guy was a middle aged man who was sweating and wearing a dark grey hoodie.
He looked horrible.
"Excuse me, is there a problem here?"
Both turned and seemed surprised that they had a new neighbor, even though I have been here for three hours.
The tattoo guy spoke up first. "Yeah, this guy wants me to turn off my music."
The hoodie man shook his head violently. "No, I asked him to turn it down."
I frowned, regarding them for a moment before stepping out a little, but still far enough away from the, holding the pipe firmly in my hand.
"I apologize, I dont know your names."
The one in the hoodie spoke first. "Eddie. Eddie Brock."
"Ziggy."
I cleared my throat. "I apologize Mr., ah, Ziggy, but I must say that I agree with Mr. Brock here. So maybe if it isnt a problem you could turn the volume down? Not off, just a bit down. Ive had a hard day and would like to rest for a little. Besides, it will be better on your ears in the long run."
Ziggy nodded and said, "Okay," before turning around shutting his door. His music resumed at a much more tolerable level.
Eddie Brock stared at me amazed, and it was strange. Had he never thought to just ask him politely if he could turn it down?
Breaking the silence I asked, "Do you know of a good takeout place?"
Brock seemed to snap out of it and shook his head. "No, theres not many good takeout places here, but there is a little shop near here that has some quick and easy prepare food."
I sighed and nodded. "Thank you Mr. Brock."
I turned around and went back into my apartment, shutting the door with a soft click.
I locked it and started to grab my stuff, changing into some jeans and a black sweatshirt.
I grabbed a backpack, my purse, and some money before leaving the apartment, making sure I locked it behind me.
I pulled up the directions on my phone and searched for the little shop Mr. Brock told me about.
I was there within ten minutes, browsing through the aisles.
I grabbed a roll of camembert and some desserts for Tikki and Plagg. I then grabbed some flowers and seeds for Nooroo and Duusu. A few other little treats for the others and some food and drinks for me and we were done.
I went to the front, paying quickly and shoving the stuff into my backpack so it was easier to carry.
As I was walking back to the apartment, it started to rain.
I debated my oputions, before deciding I didnt want to walk in the rain.
I set down my backpack in an alley and slipped the ring off of the necklace I had it on, gliding it onto my finger.
I called on the transformation, and soon, I was Lady Noir again.
I grabbed my backpack and grabbed my baton, vaulting myself onto the roof.
I lept from roof to roof, making it to the tiny balcony I had.
I perched on the railing as it was steady enough and sighed heavily, glad to be out of the rain.
A clearing of the throat made me tense and I slowly looked over with wide eyes.
Eddie Brock was also on his balcony, and he said, "Well, this is awkward."

Alright, a new book. This one will be a side book, so dont expect as many updates as the other one.
Have a great night, bug out!🐞🐞🐞
September 17th 2021 9:48 p.m. Hawaii time