11.

A/N: sorry for this filler chapter, i need to produce some fillers as a way to build up the story hahaha! i'm trying to plan out what happens next. Just know it's going to be a lot! I'd appreciate it if you guys voted on a few chapters, thanks so much!!!

It was one of the few periods in her life when Ivy had a skip in her step. She wanted to wake up early, she finally had something - someone to look forward to. Sam was that one.

Ivy finally had enough time after graduation. She could juggle between work and Sam. With the support of her grandpa, she decided to take a gap year as she had been working extremely hard to graduate and work and take care of him at the same time. It's not like he really cared, anyway.

The car horn signified Sam's arrival at her house as she waved her grandpa goodbye and headed out the door.

"Ivy!" Arthur called out.

Ivy peeked her head in the kitchen doorway.

"Yes?" She answered quietly.

"Sam. He your boyfriend or somethin'?" He asked, amusement reaching his face once her cheeks went red.

"No...Actually - No, he's not." She sputtered out, unable to form a coherent sentence at first. She had never talked about boys with any member of her family. 

So there she went, out the door again. Ivy would waltz into his truck, they'd go on a big adventure and come back all tired but with full hearts. Sam had never been late to pack meetings, let alone patrols, but he had been missing a few ever since Ivy had exclusively begun to see him. He didn't want to be the one to ask what they were, but it was something he had to know. A couple? A fling? Friends with benefits even?

"Is there anything else we could even do?" Ivy asked, partly joking and partly serious.

Sam shrugged, "We'll find something to do."

The road took them to a waterfall, a large one hidden between the trees. Sam had been here before, lots of times to cliff dive, but never just to take in the view. Ivy hopped off the truck, holding a rolled-up canvas.

"Got the pizza?" She asked, spreading it out and pulling out her phone. Sam carried a box of pepperoni pizza with one hand as he shut the car door. "I can't believe there's so many things to do in Forks. I think I've had more fun with you this year in Forks than I ever had in Atlanta, Sam." Ivy said, leaning against her arm and laying down on the canvas. Sam's heart fluttered at what she said.

"Really?" He asked, almost if he wanted her to confirm that she really did say that.

Ivy nodded, a cute little smile on her cold, flushed face. She shivered, curling into the blanket.

Yes, they had been on many 'dates' and yes Sam had seen Ivy almost every day, but he still knew very little about her. She was way too hard to read.

A soft indie song played from her phone as they enjoyed each others' company. Ivy didn't really know if this was a date, or if any of they other times they hung out were dates, so she decided to ask.

"Hey, is this a date?" She asked, breaking the comfortable silence. Sam shrugged, a little confused by her question. "It's whatever you want it to be."

Ivy laughed, "I didn't expect my dates to turn out this way." She joked. Sam sat with crossed legs, now interested.

"And what exactly would an ideal date be for Ivy Lee?" He teased, a small smirk tugged at his lips as he watched the girl in front of him, the gears in her mind turning.

She laid on the canvas and looked up at the gray skies. "Well....it would start off really slow like all dates do...I - I guess I'd be kinda bored," Sam laughed at that.

"A few candlelights here and there. We'd be at a dinner - like on a dinner date. I'd have some salad and he'd be chomping down a steak just like how they always do in the movies. Then I guess he'd open some slow music...."

"Uh huh...." Sam gestured for her to continue.

"Then...maybe...maybe we'd be dancing, SLOW dancing. And he would kiss me and we'd live happily ever after." Ivy said, cutting it short.

"Doubt that'll ever happen." She admitted, mostly to herself as she let out a sigh through clenched teeth. It was just too...idyllic. Too perfect for it to ever happen to her.

"Let's do it right now." Sam suggested, getting up and dusting his pants. Ivy let out a short, confused chuckle.

"How?"

"Well, not the steak and salad part, we already ate pizza. Let's dance, Ivy." He grinned lifting her body up with ease. She nervously giggled again, "O-okay?"

Sam took her phone as he thought about a song Ivy had sent to him earlier that week. It was a pretty mellow and slow tune, with pretty vocals.

"This is so silly." Ivy commented, she still let him put his hands on her waist as her arms found their way around his neck.

"Why?"

"We're just...dancing."

Sam let out a small laugh, "Yeah, but as long as I'm with you, I think I'll be fine here."

"Reallll smooth, Uley." She replied, Sam was nuzzling her nose with his through her giggles.

"What? I just really like being...around you."

Ivy's smile had faded and a serious look plastered over her face, it was almost a sad one. She had never been cared for like that, so tenderly, so innocently. No one had done that except Sam Uley.

Sam came home three hours later, heart eyes and a big, fat smile on his face. The Elders sat by the fire that lit up most of the area as Paul, Jared and Jacob sat around eating dinner.

"You're 20 minutes late." Jacob said, mouth full of food.

"Chill. He was with his imprint." Jared replied, smirking. They were all happy for him, the grumpy alpha finally got someone that made him happy.

"By the way, the redhead's back." Paul added, stuffing his face with the beef stew Sue Clearwater had made for them.

Sam cursed under his breath, he had yet another thing to take care of. Ivy was like his vacation from the real world, from his responsibilities. He didn't even want to be an alpha, he wanted to just be Sam.

It was way too much stress, Sam hated nothing more than vampires and to think that those bloodsuckers were lurking around an area Ivy was in made his own blood boil. He forced himself to calm down as he explained the plan to the higher ranking members in his pack, like Paul and Sam, over dinner.

Leah stalked towards him, "Hm. Loverboy's back." She sneered, plopping down on the grass and saying not another word to them as her black eyes fixated on the fire.

"Give it a rest, Leah. We're talkin' bout official wolf biz now! You can save the teasing for tomorrow."

Sam couldn't tell if Leah was just being Leah or if she really was jealous of Ivy. Either way he felt bad, Sam knew deep down he still cared deeply about Leah and if he had the chance to choose his imprint, he probably would have chose her.

Then again, it wouldn't really be an imprint if he could choose.