15

"     𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐝.     "

When Arthur Lee heard about the sudden disappearance of his granddaughter's apparent drowning and death just a few days shy of her birthday, he wasn't sad at all.

He wasn't sad because he knew that she wasn't really dead. Ivy drove slower than he did, and he was the handicapped one. She was always scared of crashing her car and getting into accidents, it wasn't like her to be reckless let alone fall off a cliff and into the deep waters.

He knew the Cullens had something to do with it. Still, he feigned stoic sadness and organised her 'funeral.' He ran through the multiple friends and family that gave him their condolences and waved them off. He even invited the Cullens to the funeral.

Something that confused him was how Sam Uley was missing that day. It was strange for him to not attend the funeral of his girlfriend. Arthur brushed it off, wondering if it was just the nerves or maybe Sam was too depressed to even leave his house. Jacob, Seth and Paul attended.

Each one of them with grim looks on their faces. They seemed so...pathetic, a permanent frown on all of their faces.

He didn't care about Sam, though. Arthur knew his granddaughter was alive and out there somewhere.

He was going to find her.

Ivy stood in the shade of the large oak tree that hung over several tombs. Her scratchy, wool, black coat itched at her neck. Ivy held the black umbrella tight, watching her grandfather emotionlessly deliver her eulogy. She stood a good distance away, enough to not be able to smell any humans and go on a crazed frenzy. The Cullens had told her to stay home, but she snuck out anyways.

"He'll be alright." She said to herself, even if she wasn't sure. He seemed alright, he seemed...normal. Jessica dabbed at her eyes with a tissue, a black headband holding her hair together as Angel sobbed next to her. Mike and Eric and Tyler were there, too. Mike didn't have his usual, goofy attitude. He stood emotionless, holding the umbrella over the girls' heads. Bella kept peering her way, hopeful to spot Ivy somewhere in the distance. She was getting tired if pretending to be sad.

Jacob had been staring straight ahead until he picked up the sickly sweet scent of a vampire nearby. He hadn't picked up on this one yet. At first, he brushed it off as a the Cullens being near, but it wasn't them. He had been around enough to know it couldn't be them. This scent was stronger, and more concentrated. Then, in the distance, he spotted a shadowy figure. Feet planted heavy on the ground, flowy dark hair covered her sunglass-adorned face. It was Ivy.

Jacob excused him self quick as he power-walked his way over to Ivy, who had noticed his sudden movements. Jasper let out a panicked grunt, alerting the others. He tried his best to change Jacob's moods, but it wasn't working at all for some reason.

"He's gonna go talk to her. Then, he's going to tell Sam that she's alive and a vampire!" Edward read Jacob's mind. It took everything in Bella to convince Edward not to follow him. Thankfully, he listened.

"Ivy?" Jacob looked at the newborn, disgusted. He eyed her up and down. "J-jacob..." She tried to explain but was cut off.

"No! I can't believe they turned you, Ivy! Sam's been missing for days! He's been gone since he thought he killed you –"

"Sam? He's...okay?" Ivy trailed off, Jacob stood still in a stunned silence.

"Yeah, of course he's okay but–"