THIRTEEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

Nella, Hope and I were currently downstairs in the library

Nella, Hope and I were currently downstairs in the library. Pulling out books that had dust as thick as a centimetre covered on the tops of the hardbacks. Personally it didn't really bother me but Hope kept wiping her hands onto her joggers and pulling funny faces when dust exploded into the air.

There was a lot of information on spells and possible ways to break them but I knew how strong my mother was, her magic must have mutated in some way and these books might not hold the truth.

If these books would help anyone it would be Nella, she understood the spells and the meanings behind them. I watch her from across the room as she rests a book onto her legs and props them up onto the table, her brows frowning into the pages.

"You found something?" I question as I shut the book that was currently between my fingers.

Nella hums for a brief moment and Hope turns to me. "What is it?" She questions.

"Your mother is a hybrid right?" She asks as she turns to me.

"Yeah she's a wolf and a witch." I nod as Nella's eyes flick over the words on the page.

"Did you ever know your grandparents?" She carries on.

I ponder for a moment as I think. "Yeah when I was little but they died before I got old enough to properly remember them."

"Were they powerful?" She questions as she cranks her neck towards me.

My shoulders shrug. "I dunno, I guess so considering my mothers strength."

"Why?" Hope asks as she pushes herself up from the chair and stands behind Nella.

"Well I found something about this 'superkind'," Nella explains as she points to the book, Hope follows her fingers. "A superior being, an evolved kind that can manipulate the werewolf and witch world."

My eyebrows narrow towards her. "How so?" I question.

"Your mother cursed you right? She made it so only she can break the curse..." Nella's wereful eyes find mine as she takes in a deep breath.

"Yeah, that's what she said." I nod towards her.

"Well it's saying that if you kill the curse maker, it'll kill the cursed as well." She breathes out before the room turns silent.

Hope's eyes flick between mine and the book, too in shock to speak. "Wait," she shakes her head as she holds up her hands. "So if we kill Pandora then it'll kill Cleo too?"

Nella's mouth swishes. "That's what it's saying," she rubs her eyes. "But can we trust a book, we don't know the conditions of the curse or the boundaries she set. It might not be true."

"I don't care," I sigh out before resting my elbows onto the chair and looking up at the ceiling.

"What the hell do you mean that you don't care?!" Nella snaps at me.