Chapter 37

Kate's POV

Kate's POV

I jolt awake at the sound of the lock to my door being opened. In comes a guy in a white coat with a duffel bag in hand. The only people that have come inside this room in the past three days (at least while I wasn't passed out) were Sokolov, Rosa and their minions. So this is certainly different.

The guy kneels beside me, I'm currently tied to the very same chair I have been in since the day I was brought here, and am currently slumped down from the exhaustion. As the duffel bag is opened I spot medical supplies inside. I didn't expect the Russians to care enough, I honestly thought I'd be cut up into pieces by now and my heart would be sent to my family, decorated with a nice pink bow.

"Why?" My voice raspy from the screaming. The guy shrugs, "The boss wants to torture you and he needs you alive to do that, or at least his woman does." My brows furrow. Rosa, why does she want to keep me around when Sokolov is practically done with me. There is definitely more to the two of them than that bitch is letting on.

The only wound the doctor tended to was a burn wound on my stomach that I had gotten yesterday, the others according to him weren't that deep hence didn't need to be treated as of now.

When that was done I thought he would start packing up but to my surprise he pulled out a syringe and filled it with clear liquid, the sweat covering my eye made it hard to read but I was able to figure out a few letters and after that it wasn't that difficult to piece it all together.

"I don't think you're supposed to give me that."

"I'm not but the boss has a degree in business not medical science, so I don't really care." I smiled, though it was barely visible but it had happened for the first time in the whole three days I've been here. The glucose filling my body with energy slowly.

"He has something on you doesn't he? Sokolov, that is why you're here." For some insane reason the doctor didn't at all seem surprised, it was as if he was expecting me to figure this out. With a sigh he spoke. "My wife and son. The moment I go against him they're dead."

"I'm sorry. I wish I could help." With a dismissive wave of his hand the doctor gets up. "You already did. Now let's get you up." I did a double take. "What do you mean?" I was asking him both about how I helped him and what the hell he meant by getting me up.

He started to untie me, and helped me get up, my knees buckled slightly under the sudden pressure of my body and he leaned me against him. "I convinced him to let me take you to a bathroom once a day for however long you're here. All you can do is use the toilet and wash your face. And he only allowed you fifteen minutes in there so be fast."

I didn't know what to say to him, the guy was sticking his neck out for me and he didn't even know who I actually was. With no reason at all he was helping me out. This was a reminder for me, a crazy reminder that there are some people in the mafia who aren't here by choice, whose only choice was to join a mafia or die.