Prologue and Introduction

It's no secret that Amber and her two younger sisters didn't live the perfect lives. Theirparents didn't care much about them and didn't pay attention to anything they did. Theyboth did drugs, smoked, and worked all the time. The only people/adults they had weretheir neighbors, Mr. and Mrs. Dera. They were in the 70's and they were getting tired ofAmber's parents not caring for their own kids. When Amber has an emergency blackout,her parents lie to the police and go to prison. Amber and her sisters have to go live withtheir neighbors. But when something unexpected happens, they are forced to leave.They go stay with their aunt for awhile but when someone gets in the way, they are forcedto go to a family friend's house and when something terrifying happens to them, the police putthem into an orphanage. Will Amber and her sisters ever get out and lifethe life they deserve together or will they have to part ways forever?

Background/Introduction of their parents:

When Ashlyn was in fourth grade, she met Joey. They instantly became best friends.They started hanging out at school, after school, and on weekends. They would havesleepovers and, in the summer, they went to the beach and campground. They werefriends the rest of elementary and middle school. In 8th grade, they decided to turn theirfriendship into a relationship and they started dating.Ashlyn and Joey have been together since 8th grade and they've been friends since 4th.They do everything together. They would often hang out at the mall or the beach. Joeyhad decided when they were in 10th grade that Ashlyn was the love of his life and hewould do anything to make her happy. When he proposed in September of their 11thgrade year, she said yes, but they would have to wait until after graduation. Joey hadunderstood and was ecstatic she said yes. Time passed by and their relationshipblossomed even farther. It wasn't a secret that Ashlyn and Joey were in love. Theyquickly started to disobey adults and, eventually, disowned their own parents. Theymoved in together, and decided they didn't want to wait to get married, so they droppedout of school and got married. This was March. They got married three weeks later onthe beach. It wasn't that fancy, but it was a wedding.