𝟏𝟗

"What you need to talk to me about?" I asked after we got in the car

"You know pops agreed to go to family therapy tomorrow?" He asked and I shook my head.

"At least he's trying to make things better I guess. How you feel about it?" I asked.

"I just don't see myself being able to talk to him on a personal level like that, you get what I'm sayin'?" He said.

"Yea, I just want to move on. I don't want my childhood to keep affecting me to the point where my actions might affect my own kids one day." I said.

"I'm scared to have kids." My brother confessed.

"Why?" I asked.

"You know we ain't have the right father figure growing up so I don't know how to be a father, what if I end up like him." He said.

"That's why we're in therapy now Landon. We're 19 years old and we're getting the correct guidance that we didn't get as kids so we won't make those same mistakes. It's not too late for us." I said and he sighed.

"This shit just gone get harder and harder and it's only the beginning." He mumbled.

"I don't know how to cope." I blurted.

"You coping by talkin to a therapist." He said.

"No I don't that's just how I'm expressing myself, I'm saying it like I don't know how to deal with my feelings or what i'm expressing exactly. Like I don't know what will make me feel better, I can't explain it." I said.

"Like with you, you cope by doing drugs no offense." I said.

"How you go say no offense, sayin that like i'm just I'm crack head or some shit you cope by doing drugs girl fuck you." He laughed as he mocked me.