𝟐𝟎

It was the next day, and I was getting ready for the next therapy session

It was the next day, and I was getting ready for the next therapy session. She was going to talk to us individually today and together.

I had my playlist going as I was getting prepared for the day ahead of me. W.A.Y.S by Jhene aiko was currently playing.

At forty-four minutes to four
An angel walked up to my door
Opened the windows to my soul
Told me he thinks that I should know
There's no slowing down
As the globe spins 'round and 'round

"You better keep goin', better keep goin'." I sung as I finished up in the bathroom and walked to my closet.

"Hmmm Dress or no dress." I said to myself.

"Untun." I shook my head taking out some tights and a hoodie.

If there's one thing that I learned
While in those county lines
It's that everything takes time
You have gotta lose your pride
You have gotta lose your mind
Just to find your peace of mind
You have got to trust the signs
Everything will turn out fine

"Chile I'mma just brush this hair and leave it how it is, fuck it." I shrugged going to the bathroom again and grabbing the brush.

When I was finished I grabbed the brown lip liner and out lined my lips before grabbing my lip gloss and applying it on top.

After rubbing my lips together I paused my music and took a deep breath staring into the mirror.
Inhaling through my nose and exhaling out my mouth I finally spoke.

"I love myself in all of my forms. I am divinely and uniquely made. I have no judgements to any parts of me because I align with the truth of who I am...always." I said looking at myself in the mirror. It was a self love affirmation I read in one of my mom's notebooks and I had memorized it.

After saying it I grabbed a pen and sticky note writing You'll be okay again on it before sticking it on my bulletin board on the wall in my room with the other sticky notes.

"I feel like i'm forgetting something." I said looking around my room.

"MY NECKLACE." I blurted walking quickly to my vanity picking up the necklace with Malik's initial. It was weird though because usually I never forget it. I made a mental note to make sure I visit his grave today.