Summaries and Admissions

Summary of Previous Book:

"Using the power of Alchemy, Wizarding Prodigy (Y/N) (L/N) was able to make himself a set of false eyes so that no one would believe him to still be missing any eyes. It was mainly to fool his girlfriend's, Hermione Granger's, parents, as if they had seen him without any, they might have barred Hermione from returning to Hogwarts. He went to spend a few weeks of the Summer with Hermione at her mothers home, and after spending an intimate moment with his girlfriend and lover, both she and (Y/N) went to the Burrow, where their O.W.L. results arrived, and she had received all 'O's' while he had received all 'O+'s', which had never been achieved before in the history of Wizard-kind.

They went to Diagon Alley to get fitted for new robes and see how Fred and George were doing. Harry said Malfoy was up to something in Diagon Alley and had disappeared in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, and while he had no proof that Malfoy was a Death Eater and operating under Voldemort's orders, they all believed him, but knew that going to a Teacher was pointless without it.

On the train ride to Hogwarts, (Y/N), Harry, and Neville all had been invited to have lunch with a new teacher, Horace Slughorn, in Compartment C. (Y/N) had deduced over the summer when Harry told them about the new Professor that he was to be the Potion's Master, since that was what Slughorn taught years ago. That, of course, made Severus Snape the teacher for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Upon arriving at Hogsmeade Station, Harry was nowhere to be found, but Luna said she'd find him.

After getting to Hogwarts, they all noticed that Dumbledore's hand was black and looked dead.

During their first Potions lesson of the year, Slughorn showed them three potions: one was Veritaserum; one was Polyjuice Potion; the last was Amortentia, an incredibly powerful love potion, and one that you could smell what attracted you the most. He also showed off a Lucky Potion known as Felix Felicis, and that it was a prize for the student who performed best in class the first day. Slughorn had then set them to do their best attempt at creating a Draught of Living Death. The only one who had managed it was (Y/N), but he had no need for the Potion, so he gave it to Harry, who had done second best in the class, but only because of a book that had instructions in it, better instructions than the Official Book. It turned out that a previous owner had written in the book about how to best go about them. Hermione was angry, incredibly angry, that Harry had done better than her.

(Y/N) and Hermione both had resolved to sleep in the Room of Requirement together, as they were no longer able to sleep without the other's presence against them.

At their first Defense Against the Dark Arts class, (Y/N) was given detention for defending Harry, who was not appreciative of his help in the slightest. He was made to clean Snape's classroom with a dirty rag, without magic. After Snape left, he chose to clean with magic, and read a book for the remaining time. Snape tried to give him detention again, but (Y/N) made him carefully reconsider that course of action.

Hagrid had been noticeably avoiding them, likely upset that they hadn't taken his class to N.E.W.T. level. (Y/N) would have had Hermione done so, but she didn't, so he didn't either. When they tried to apologize, Hagrid didn't answer the door, and (Y/N) said some nasty things, leaving to go back up to the Castle. Later, when Hermione retold what Hagrid said about Aragog dying, (Y/N) felt bad about what he had said, and would apologize to Hagrid.

The Quidditch Team proved to be popular, but that was only because Harry had been made Quidditch Captain. During the tryouts, Ron and Cormac McLaggen, a favorite of Slughorn's and an obnoxious Seventh Year, both had tried out for Keeper. McLaggen had missed the Fifth Quaffle, and Ron had saved all five Quaffles. (Y/N) had secretly intervened and caused McLaggen's broom to accelerate, causing him to miss it. He didn't feel bad about it at all.