Chapter 1

I wake up suddenly realising my sleep hadn't been disturbed for once, I roll over quickly checking my phone 7:45 and multiple missed calls lit up the screen I squint waiting for my eyes to adjust thinking it was lying to me , panic stricken I quickly get out of bed trying not to stumble over yesterday's clothes as I should have been up a hour ago "oh fuck mom where are you" I say scared checking the bedroom next to my own to see her bed is still made, I then check the bathroom nope not in there either "where is she"  "Ryan.." I shout quickly returning to my own room again and grabbing the closest suitable pieces of clothing to me to throw on thinking she's still asleep I shout her again "Ryan Jesus fu..".

"Yes" a quiet shaky voice responds I look up to see my younger sister panic stricken green eyes as she was standing in the door way of my room, thank god she's awake and dressed her brown curly hair was put in a messy ponytail, I grin at her attempt, oh well  at least she tried it will have to do, "I was downstairs eating breakfast" she mumbles out.

"Your not in trouble" I smile reassuringly "but your going to be late for school Ry" I say lowering my tone " why didn't you wake me?" I question finishing getting dressed.

"I tried Van" I quickly grab a scrap piece of paper and scribble down a note for Ryan to take to school I hand it to her as she  backs away so I can shut my bedroom door and lock it, I must've been so tired, sleep must've finally caught up with me I'm usually a light sleeper.

"It's ok you get going give your teacher the note ok" I say w as I pull her close into a hug "I love you".

"Love you to Vanessa" she says happily walking away with her orange backpack safely strapped to her back, thank god she has no idea what's going. I've tried my hardest to shield my sister from it all .

Seconds later I hear the door close, I sigh last night mom said she was only going out for a few drinks at the local bar the alibi after chemo with her friend this isn't like her not to come home  so I guess my search starts there, will it still be open I guess I'll have to find out.

I find myself outside the bar which looks a bit worse for wear, she better be here I sigh before pushing the door to my surprise it was open once inside I notice there was a tall broad  man stood behind the bar cleaning glasses he had buzz cut  and a black beard, he looks up at me with a smile when he heard the bell of the door  "hey can I help you?" I nod, walking closer.

"Was my mother here last night?" I asked handing a picture I keep in my blue wallet I don't even know why I keep it in there I suppose it's to remind me that we did have good times once.

The man studies the picture for a moment then looks at me again before turning around  "hey Vee was this women here last night" He shouts a woman appears from the back of the bar she swiftly takes the picture from the men's large hands and also study is it.

"Oh shit she's the one that went home with Frank Gallagher she looked too good for him though" she laughs, I recognise the name but don't think too much about it.

"Vee" the man warns "The girls her daughter".

"Fuck sorry" she says quickly before handing me a picture back, she reaches for a pen and paper to write something. "You'll find her here" she says handing me the scrap piece of paper I look at it, it was a address.

I thank them before making my way to Frank Gallagher's house.

I was surprised to find out the house wasn't too far from my own, it looked really run down and tired, I walk up the wooden steps to the muted red door and knock a few times, seconds later the door opens and a boy about my age with red hair opens it "Hi erm is my mom here people from the alibi sent me, said she left with Frank Gallagher".