My Arch Nemesis, the Flatbush Subway Staircase

When I was on this planet we call Earth, I prided myself in reading countless pieces of fanfiction, most of them Naruto-related. My favourite tropes included Time travel and SI inserts, however, I never imagined I'd somehow end up living something so obviously fake in real life.

Finding myself thrown into the Naruto world and becoming an Uchiha,  I'm faced with the inevitable "How on earth am I going to survive the massacre?"

Being dropped, quite literally, into Minato's generation has its perks as I get to take my time and weigh my options until it becomes painstakingly simple.

Why don't I just kidnap Sasuke?

Follow me as I train to keep my, and my new family's heads.

Chapter One: My Arch Nemesis, the Flatbush Subway Staircase

"You know, I never expected to find a three-year-old falling out of the sky but, as a shinobi, weirder things can happen." -Uchiha Masumi.

Now, most of these "I'm thrown into another world, so I'm gonna fix everything" types of stories all start out with how the main character dies. Kind of depressing, if you ask me... But anyway, I open my adventure with the statement that I didn't die. Not exactly. For all intents and purposes, I tripped.

I was never exactly a clumsy child or person in general. I walk with a purpose wherever I go as that's what my mother taught me. Now, I did bump into the doorknob when I was about 3 but that doesn't exactly count. Neither does the time where I almost cracked my head open running into the counter corner when I was 8. There's a lot you can learn about a person just from the way they carry themselves and since I'm a pretty impatient person, I liked to get places fast. I wouldn't risk my dignity just to arrive somewhere early though. Not being able to use a car when living in the city teaches you how to dodge hordes of people on the subway and open sidewalks.

Especially people from New York.

I moved to New York when I was about 18 years old as I was accepted into Julliard, a huge music school down there. Coming from the small island of Jamaica, this was a really big move but I was prepared for anything. Except for the part where I tripped, but we're getting to that. Not exactly used to the fast-paced movement of everyone and the pushy atmosphere when trying to board crowded trains, I became lost pretty easily. My host family at the time sent their oldest son, Matthew, to show me around when I finally admitted why I was late coming home so much and we hit it off well. After that, I still stumbled, but when I was lost I'd just Call Mat and he'd be there.

Since I was living there for about 7 years, I got used to the routines and mannerisms which allowed me to make it to school and rehearsals in record times. I still couldn't fall asleep and wake up at my stop though. I think I'd have to be born there to get that skill. That particular day when this all started, was the day of the final exam results to be released. After studying to get my Doctorate in Music for so long, I was really excited to know how I did that I let everyone know.

I practically talked Mat's ear off that Saturday morning on the phone before he had to hang up to meet his family and take them to the Synagogue not far from their home. I moved out after my 2nd year of college so I sort of missed staying with them as the meals after they came back home each Saturday were so delicious. After reminiscing a little and talking excitedly about what I hope my results would be I hung up and rushed to get ready.

Looking fairly presentable with a long navy blue trench coat, white button-up, and a knee-length black skirt, I gathered my pre-detangled very long curly hair into a low ponytail. I just about jumped into my favourite shoes and set off to catch the A train from Brooklyn. The funny thing about all of this is that I really should have known whether I liked my high-heeled boots or not, wearing them a few hours after it rained wasn't a good idea. Especially when in a rush to get somewhere.