Bit Of A Backstory Mainly More Of A Description

So, basically, if you don't know what New Zealand is and Maori is, the listen up kids or horny teens or some random old man who has nothing better to do, your about to learn about another culture,👋jazz hands👋

Firstly here is her back story. So Y/N moved from NZ Christchurch after the big earthquakes of 2010 & then 2011. They moved to Long beach far far away. Y/N grew up all her life in NZ she was a true kiwi kid. These are some one shots of her in certain parts of Mr Iglesias a show on Netflix! She moved with her mother who she hasn't seen since they moved, (3 months ago)

So, New Zealand is not the capital of Aussie (I'm calling Australia Aussie and New Zealand NZ deal with it) or next to Ohio you geometry failing weirdos. NZ is a small country made up of three main islands - and many more - just South east of Aussie. A good way down from the Pacific Islands and above Antarctica.

Now with our islands we have some very technical English names here, the top one is the North island, the one underneath that's taller is the South Island then for some reason we named the little one that everyone forgets about Steward Island which is just under the South Island. Anyway here's a picture:

 Anyway here's a picture:

Thank god for google.

Ok so, NZ has an, interesting culture and accent. It's a cross between Aussie and British. Kinda, we got words and sounds from all around the world. Like we say water like worta. With a t sound. Not wo-a.

So NZ has 3 official languages, but people can speak whatever the heck they want we don't mind. We have NZ Sign Language, Maori and English, most of our nearly 5 million people speak English but a lot of us can speak another, I know a bit of Maori because we get taught it in school, I know how to say my name in NZ Sign Language. Also, search up the song, Pepeha by Six60, and watch the hobbit. That's basically apart of NZ.

So, our leader is our Prime Minister Aunty Cindy:

And our Minister of Memes, (Jk he's the Minister of Education but I had to put him in there)

Jokes aside, let's get into some NZ history. So NZ was found around 12__ something something. By people who later called themselves Maori, they came from East Polone- NO! Wrong google wrong! The Pacific Islands, do not debate with me, I think what I think. Basically, Fiji, Samoa maybe Hawaii even a lil but of Rarotonga, probably Cook Islands, not very specific, cause when they came, they didn't have a written language they told story's. So basically our history is a game of Chinese whispers. Also, you probably think of kiwi as in kiwifruit, did you know they were originally Chinese gooseberries.

Anyway a the Maori people found NZ and named it Aotearoa, (screw auto correct I slept my country right, just a different language) in English it means "Land of The Long White Cloud," stormy day in NZ the way they found it. Although I would expect that seeing it being very close to Antarctica which is A LAND OF ICE!!! And cold stuff.

Going back before humans decided to screw the earth like when dinos were around (not for long) when the big asteroid explody thing happened, NZ had no mammals maybe even no animals no life other than a whole lotta native plants. We have one mammal that ain't from the sea, that is a bat. Was it Batman, we don't know. 🤷‍♀️ Anyway, we did however have birds, and we still do. We may now be known for our trees and sheep but guess what, you earth destroying, land colonising Europeans gave us sheep to deal with.

We even have penguins! Like native penguins that we can go down to the beach and find one, (depends where you are) but we decided to be recognised, we decided our national bird, would be a KIWI! 🤦‍♀️ We chose the flightless, can go extinct very soon non hostile, kiwi. It's basically a kiwi fruit. Ya ready this is what we call ourselves this is us.

So growing up as a 'kiwi kid' includes, No hat no play, going to see Harold in the van, fish 'n' chips, pineapple lumps, l&p and Summer Christmas's on the beach! Also Weetbix, milo and Chocy fish

We also learn a lot about different cultures and the countries nearest us and the 'oh so great queen who seems to have forgotten our existence' so we know a good few things about Antarctica and Aussie, most people in NZ either has lived there, knows someone there or at least been once. But we send our people down to Antarctica to research and other shi- stuff.

LANGUAGE, Kiwis and Aussies have a good few things in common, but you think Aussies swear a lot, you have never been to NZ mate I mean. We swear all day every day ok, one of my mates, their first word was fvck! (I won't spell it right because then it might be like reported of taken down) also age drinking things. Basically I saw a video where it was like, Europe: age 21 drinkers, America: age 18 drinkers, Russia: age 16 drinkers, Aussie: age 8 drinkers, NZ: "there's an age restriction?"...

What's worrying is that this is kinda true. Like most kiwi kids, have found their dads beer when they were a toddler or something and just drank the whole thing. Not to mention, we have beer batter for our fish and hotdogs with fish'n'chips. It's not British it is ours!

Also we are a reasonably safe country, like animal wise, we don't have, snakes, crocs, spiders and all the other Aussie sh!t scary animals. Just make sure when you go on a walk don't really have anything to shiny that'll get a Kea's attention.

But, natural disaster and a few other things that I will bring up later, natural disasters, I live in Christchurch, the garden city. We are on a fault line, if you don't know what that means basically earthquake central. So when I was about 2 we had a huge earthquake - category 6._ something - luckily it was at like 4 am so basically there were a whole load of buildings damaged but luckily no one died. So lil me SLEPT THROUGH THE WHOLE DAMN THING! A few months later we got another one, but it was slightly smaller but, it was in the middle of the day and more focused towards THE MIDDLE OF THE CITY!!

A good few hundred people died that day. Our city was knocked down. I am not joking. The buildings went into their foundation, (the stuff keeping the building stable and up and not FIVE STORIES DOWN UNDERGROUND!) anyway, we're better now, we get earthquakes a lot but that's normal, there aren't any that bad since then. But there was this shooting at a religious church thing, (I don't want to offend anyone so) but a lot of people died. Luckily we don't have an idiot Prime Minister now because we are kicking covid butt!

So yes thank you for listening to my rant about NZ (my home)and enjoy the book as soon as I start writing more stuff