FOURTEEN

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

I had spent all night reading the book that Ripley had given me, not being able to tear my eyes away from the page for a second

I had spent all night reading the book that Ripley had given me, not being able to tear my eyes away from the page for a second. Something about it captivated me and I just needed to know more. It was rather insightful, not that I could relate to some of it but it gave me hope that the Moon Goddess could guide me, regardless of the fact I'm cursed.

To say that I don't want a mate would be a lie, of course every werewolf wants to find their mate. Someone who was brought to this Earth who is perfect for you, seeing Hope and Alfie and Mace and Nella, you can see how much they love and care for one another. Who wouldn't want that?

Maybe I'd never find them, maybe I'd be stuck with this curse for the rest of my life and slowly drive myself insane.

At three in the morning I managed to put the book down and get myself some sleep but I was straight back up again at seven, the light streaming into my room uninvited.

My stomach growls loudly and I swipe of the duvet cover and get dressed into some clothes, needing to stuff my face with something after all that late night reading. Having forgotten the last time I had read a book for such a long period of time.

When I make my way into the kitchen Hope was already stood by the fridge, cutting up an avocado. Her eyes instantly turn towards me as I push on the door that squeaks quietly, she relaxes when she sees that it's me.

"Hi Cleo," she smiles, her eyes looked tired and she was still dressed in her dressing gown.

"Hi," I smile as I let the door close behind me.

"How you feeling after last night?" She questions as I slowly make my way over to her.

"Okay," I shrug.

"Have you still been thinking about what Nella said from that book?" Her big eyes turn to me as she places down the knife onto the side.

"Of course," I admit as I stop directly in front of her. "I don't want to drag you guys down, put any of you in danger that doesn't need to be."

"But we want to help Cleo," Hope says seriously. "We want to help you, we want you to be able to have a normal life too. Not just suffer because you want to die, when the curse is gone you're going to be happy for once."

I chew down onto my bottom lip. "But it might be the only way."

"No," Hope snaps towards me. "You are not going to sacrifice yourself for us. That is not what we signed up for."

My eyes flick between hers as I sigh and turn from her, walking towards the wall and back. Not being able to look at her broken face. "You didn't sign up for anything Hope, I came here and I was happy to do this alone. Without involving you guys, then you'd be fine, you'd be-" my voice stops as I turn around.