tab

dream was always very against carbonated drinks. energy drinks, sodas, any type of alcohol, he just didn't dip his toes in it. although he wouldn't admit it (because he knew it was stupid), that was part of the reason he didn't talk to Karl a lot after he saw the internet era of monster cans being his personality.

sapnap wasn't exactly like dream, but he wasn't addicted to anything too badly. he regularly had soda, but very very rarely had energy drinks, especially ones that were being currently made because the possible cancer rate on those things just made both of them practically shake.

that's why, when George moved in, he was surprised to see a monster can perched on the kitchen counter.

it was dramatic, the way he stopped in his tracks after his double-take. he looked around the empty kitchen, and glanced at sapnap sitting on the couch before he waltzed over and snatched it into his hands.

'ultra gold'. what kind of flavor was that? it sounded gross. albeit, it could have been anything and would have still sounded gross to him.

he held the half-empty can closer to his chest and turned around, catching sapnap's attention. "is this yours?"

sapnap bit his lip, immediately knowing where this was headed. "nope," he responded truthfully, intrigued nonetheless. "you know I wouldn't."

"hm." dream hummed to himself, sloshing the liquid around in the can. "where is George?"

"he went out about an hour and a half ago."

"of course," dream laughed, setting the can back on the table. "he may as well be doing drugs too. where did he even go? he's been in Florida a week and is already taking on the town?"

sapnap rolled his eyes at dream's comment. "first of all, you're not his mom. second of all, he said he went to see a friend."

"a friend?" dream asked, sapnap nodded. "what friend? he has all the friends he needs right here."

sapnap couldn't help but snort at that. "what is up your ass today?"

before dream could answer, the front door opened to reveal George and someone he'd never seen before.

"hi!" George greeted, although it was a little muffled because he had a chicken tender from spitfirez stuffed in his mouth.

"hey." sapnap answered, then looked at dream, who was blankly staring at the two boys in the door like they had just escaped prison. "dream?"

dream didn't budge as George took his friend's hand and pushed past him, setting a bag on the table and turning around to face him.

taking the chicken tender out of his mouth, he spoke, "are you okay?"

dream turned his body more to look at George, who was completely oblivious as to why sapnap was getting such a kick out of this on the couch, as was the raven-haired boy that just walked into their home.

"you left your drink on the counter." dream said, nodding to the open can that sat perched atop the sink.

"oh," George said, lightly using his toes to boost him high enough to grab it, as the kitchen was up a stair or two. "oops."

dream watched as George scurried back to his friend, and whispered something in his ear. they both giggled as he fiddled with the tab of the can and popped it off. dream raised an eyebrow as George walked up to him, gently putting it in his hand.

something about the way George unfolded his fingers and closed them again made him feel strange, but not in a bad way. it was just a different feeling.