chapter one

a/n: before you read, please read the description! thank you so much, and i hope you enjoy this story! feel free to leave comments and such!
-mallory <3

"Madison Montgomery, Movie Star." Maddison says to the new girl.
"Girl, when's the last time you made a movie." Queenie exclaims.
I pull off my mask, "I'm Mallory." I smile.
Nan takes her mask off from next to me, "I'm Nan, hi."
"Zoe." The new girl says. And Queenie responds with her name.
Madison rolls her eyes and claims that she's bored.
"So, is this all of you." Zoe asks.
Just as I'm about to respond, Cordelia walks into the room "Cordelia Goode, Headmistress."
She smiles, then turns to look at me and I avert my gaze to the floor.
"All right, girls there's a van full of groceries in the driveway that needs unloading." She says and as I go to walk away she says "Mally, wait, you can help me show Zoe around."

My crush on Cordelia always intensified whenever she would talk to me. It always felt like a thousand little butterflies erupting inside me. She wasn't aware of my crush on her, or so I thought.
Cordelia began explaining the history of the academy to Zoe, which I had already heard so I zoned out and followed them both up the stairs.
"Miss Robichaux's academy for exceptional young ladies, was established as a premier girls finishing school in 1970"
As she talked, the butterflies in my stomach were going crazy, even though I knew nothing would happen between us because I had just turned 19 and I was one of the younger girls at the academy, it didn't stop the butterflies every time she talked.
Once I had helped show Zoe to her room, we went to Midday Gathering, Cordelia was sat on a chair and we were all gathered around her, me being the closest to her.
"So, what's a supreme?" Zoe asks, clearly confused.
I smirk and look over at Cordelia. A quiet giggle escapes my lips because I believe that Cordelia is the rising supreme, she just doesn't believe me.
She just rolls her eyes at me and explains to Zoe what a supreme is,
"An average witch is born with a few natural gifts, but in each generation, there is one woman who embodies countless gifts, some say, all of them. She is the supreme." She explains.
"Are you the supreme?" Zoe asks.
"She is, but she won't admit it." I wink, causing Cordelia to roll her eyes and the rest of the girls to laugh.
"No." She says, going on about how she's a normal witch, which in my eyes, she isn't.
She then talked about how she teaches us to control our powers, and talks a little bit more about the history of the coven, I could honestly listen to her talk for hours on end.

Today was Saturday meaning we didn't really have plans or lessons or anything else, usually the girls went out and got drunk but I've never liked parties so I would much rather stay at the academy, where I was safe.

It was time for us all to go to our rooms, or have free time, and so I went up to my now shared room with Zoe, Cordelia had moved us into a room together because she thought I would be the best person to help her settle into the coven – I'm not sure why because I'm quiet and hardly talk but I suppose she knows what she's doing.
I have no idea how long I had been daydreaming but there was a knock at my door and Nan was stood there, "it's time for dinner, also, you need to stop thinking so loud about Miss Cordelia" she smiled.
I went downstairs with Nan and sat at my usual place, between Nan and Queenie.
Zoe was sat next to Madison, talking about some shitty party or something, which was typical Maddison to be honest, there was always some kind of party.
All of a sudden, Zoe looked up at me. "So what's the deal with you and Cordelia?" She asked.
A blush crept up on my cheeks, "nothing, we um, we have nothing going on." I replied.
"Mallory has a massive crush on Cordy, that's basically it." Madison laughs.
I look down at the table and blush, "Mads, please be quiet, she might hear you."
Zoe just smiles and then says "you should tell her, you never know, she might feel the same."
This causes Nan, who is sat beside me to laugh, and I look over at her.
"What's so funny?" I ask.
"Nothing, I just think you should tell her how you feel Mal." She smirks.
"I will absolutely not tell her how I feel, she would hate me and never talk to me again and I don't want that to happen." I reply.
After a while, we change the subject and move on to talking about whatever the topic floats to, which ends up being why Zoe was brought to the Coven.
The room goes silent again when Cordelia walks in, nobody says anything and I keep my gaze down, not wanting to catch her attention.
She walks away after telling us we can do whatever we want and that she's going to be doing some work in her office, but to knock if we need her.

"We're getting drunk tonight, all of us, no exceptions." Madison says, looking in my direction.
Before I can protest, she leaves. Leaving us to get ready, I change into some jeans and a flannel, not being a fan of getting too dressed up, I've always been more of a stay-at-home kind of person. I brush my hair and put it into bunches, which is my go-to hairstyle.
After changing, I make my way to Madison's room where she has all alcohol and shot glasses set up, Zoe and Queenie are already there, and just as I sit down, Nan joins us.
I don't like the look of what's about to happen but as much as I hate her, I feel safe in the Coven with my best friends and I know Madison wouldn't let anything bad happen to any of us. Being the youngest in the Coven has it's perks, everyone looks after me and keeps me safe, I'm not allowed to drink in the USA because their legal drinking age is 21 and I've only just turned 19 but Madison always makes sure she keeps me safe, so I don't mind.
"Okay, we're going to do shots, but it's a competition." Madison explains.
"You make everything into a competition." Queenie laughs.
She has a point, Madison loves a competition.

About an hour later, we're all giggling like crazy.
"I-I think" I hiccup, "I'm gonna t-tell Cordelia how I feeeel because wowwww she's beautiful and I want her to be my wifeeee someday." I hiccup.
"You should, you definitely should." Zoe smiles.
And with that, I walk, well stumble to Cordelia's office, it's only 9pm so she's probably still working.
I knock on the door, and hear a soft, "come in" so I stumble through the door and fall flat on my face.
"Oopsie." I hiccup again.
I hear a laugh from above me and before I know it, I'm sitting on the sofa in Cordelia's office.
She hands me a glass of water, obviously to try and sober me up.
"Deliaaaaa" I say.
"What is it, Mal?" She smiles.
Her smile is so beautiful wow.
"I-" I hiccup again and take a sip of water. "I have a crush on you." I blurt.
Cordelia just looks at me and smiles, "I know you do sweetheart, you're not exactly the most subtle."