06| After the downpour

Zeke hurried to the Cafe's little balcony at the top floor of the building with his basket as he rushed to get the laundry. The weather was now colder that usual since the downpour was massive. As he continued the climb, he smiled at the fact that now he had finally someone he could properly spend time with. He was delighted to have met Rachel and he was happier that now he had company here in this cafe. 

Zeke always lived with his mother ever since he was a young boy. His father had an illness and had passed when Zeke was barely a year old so all of his fond memories were of his beloved mother. When he found out about his mother's illness, it absolutely shattered him because he feared being left alone without a sense of comfort again. But meeting Rachel relieved him, at least temporarily. 

As he stood by the balcony watching Rachel rapidly trying to get the laundry as the rain got heavier. He covered his mouth as he chuckled at her struggling in the rain like that. His same adorable smile was painted all over his face. His ears were tingling and his face was turning slightly red. For some apparent reason, she always made his heart pound fast as she left trails of  memories imprinted in his head.

 He stood there for a moment completely forgetting about the laundry that was hanging there drenched in rain water and took a moment to look at her even more. She was an acquaintance that had such a strong persona which completely caught him off guard and into a gaze.  

So careless yet mesmerizing.   

With his feet nailed to the ground and his heart that pumped louder every second he watched her with so much of joy.  

Just then he started to frown as he saw something that he knew he wasn't going to like. An annoyingly familiar looking stranger approaching the front of the cafe. 

Henry?  

🍁

  It felt familiar yet foreign. 

The taste of his lips grew stronger on her. She was confused if she was even kissing him back this time because the sound of her heart was so loud her ears were ringing and her hands didn't know what to do. It felt so surreal that the same guy that threw away her gift that she wasted so much of her time on and the same guy that called her a troublemaker was now locking lips with her in the rain? 

He pulled away for a second as he realized her hands were slipping away from her initial grip and sliding down.  

"What you don't like it?" He asked as he gasped for breath moving his hand on her waist and the other on her face. His eyes looked so numb but intense and at the same time extremely seductive. 

She looked at him as the rain dripped down her eyelash.

 "That's not it." She replied slowly.

 "Then fuck it." He said before sinking in his lips even more. 

Her eyes shut closed as she allowed him to slowly kiss her even more. His wet hair and drenched black jumper made this man even harder to read. For some damn reason he can get away with anything by just making out because all hell knows that he was good at his job. 

Rachel was confused again not really kissing him back but neither did she want to pull away because he made her feel nailed to the grown willingly. 

"Rachel! Rachel!" A voice called out from the back forcing him to finally pull away. 

"What the hell?" Henry annoyingly uttered as he looked at the man that stood there. 

Zeke walked up to them with umbrellas as he held one for himself.