Chapter 38

Kate's POV"Please do me the honour of telling me why I have been graced with your presence

Kate's POV
"Please do me the honour of telling me why I have been graced with your presence." My tone was sarcastic and it was evident Rosa realised it from the sour expression on her face as she turned. Just like every other day she was dressed in beige pants and a white sweater over which she had draped a paper thin shawl. I knew the real reason she had that shawl and no, it wasn't just for 'fashion' that piece of clothing served a much greater purpose.

"I am here to check up on you." She spoke clearly with the confidence of a woman in her position, she always exuded power, I scoffed "I am tied to bloody chair with ropes that keep digging into my skin, my body is covered in my own blood and countless unsealed wounds, oh and not to mention I have been surviving on moody pieces of bread and water for the past three weeks. So why don't you tell me how I'm doing."

Rosa looked at me as if I had slapped her, "You that as if it is my choice to keep you in such a state. It is Alexie who makes these decisions." She stared at me, I nodded back at her.

"Yeah, I get that." Her reaction told me she wasn't expecting me to understand and stand down but nevertheless she was extremely happy. Without another word she turned to leave but my words stopped her, it was like she had frozen up into a statue.

"Tell your puppet I said hi!"

"What?"

I smirked, I loved to see her riled up, "Your husband, that puppet told him I said hi. Tell him I am pleased that he is so willing to take responsibility for your decisions." Her eyes flashed with an emotion I couldn't really detect. "What the hell do you mean by that?"

"Oh honey. You aren't as decrees as you think. A for effort but you could have done better." Rosa shook her head, "Stop with your games. Tell me straight away what you mean."

"I grew up with two abusive parents, one of which was my biological mother, the woman who gave birth to me. Over the years I learned how to read people, and trust me you are one of the easiest I have ever come across.

The tattoo on your shoulder."

Rosa's hand flew to her shoulder, her eyes wide. I smiled, "Busted." I stated simply. The unspoken question in her eyes was clear: How? "It is truly stupid how you think I wouldn't even know enough Italian to figure out the phrase 'No woman should ever kneel to a man'. Now I agree the tattoo in itself isn't too suspicious but mix it with your conniving nature and the situation in general and it becomes the biggest clue for me to figure out that you are the mastermind behind everything that has been happening."

I paused for dramatic effect.

"Sokolov, a man whose wiggle dies a long time ago, one fortunate night he meets this beautiful woman who looks at him like he isn't the devil himself, he knows who this woman is but the love drunk act she puts on in front of him and the way she promises him a life of happiness and maybe even an heir one day. This seals the deal for him.