Sunsets and Coffee Shops

"Come on, Mum! Can I please go to the mall with my friends?" You groaned, throwing yourself onto one of the chairs surrounding the kitchen table.

Your mother looked up over her computer screen, hair falling to frame her face. "(Y/N), you heard the news. The leader of the League of Villains - which, in case the name doesn't already give it away, is a pretty bad group of people - was in there just a few days ago! It's not safe! Especially for, well, you."

You scowled. "Mum. I'll be fine. Aiko will just scare the Villains away with her breath anyway!"

Aiko, who was currently on a call with you and you could hear through your airpods, immediately started protesting that she brushed her teeth, thank you very much! And that you were exaggerating like you always do! And wondering why she was still friends with you anyway?!

You struggled to hold back a smile.

Your mother, however, still looked worried. "I don't know..."

"Come on, Mum! I'm going stir-crazy up in here! Besides, you need to work. Just let me go and I'll be out of your hair whilst having fun with my friends! It's a win-win situation!"

After a bit more convincing and a little - lot, Aiko giggled - more begging, she finally relented and you let out a victory cheer. "Thanks, Mum!" You cried, rushing forward to wrap her in a hug. "You won't regret this~"

"Just don't spend all your money!" She shouted at your retreating back. "Remember last time?"

You winced. "That was two years ago! When are you gonna let me forget it?"

She grinned wickedly. "Never."

***

"Yo, yo, (Y/N)." A familiar voice called out and you twisted around to see Aiko and Haru walking towards you, relaxed smiles on their faces.

"Aiko! Haruto! You're here!" You grinned, running towards them and wrapping them in a hug which they eagerly returned.

"'Course we are." Haruto smirked. "Got that yearly bucket list to complete."

Ever since you, Aiko and Haruto had met in middle school, you had made a bucket list every year with the aim to complete it. So far, you had succeeded at your task, and you weren't going to stop this year.

No matter how many villains were running around.

Aiko laughed and pulled out a piece of paper from her hair. You sighed and shook your head. It was honestly fascinating how much she managed to put there.

Also slightly disturbing however.

"Number 18 on the list: buy a heap of new clothes and burn the old ones."

"Do we have to burn them?"

"Of course we have to burn them, (Y/N)." Haruto said, narrowing his eyes. "Why wouldn't we burn them."

"You have such a weird fascination with fire."

"Thank you."

Aiko let out a laugh, tucking the paper back into her hair. You clapped your hands together, diverting the attention back to you. "Alright, comrades! Report back here at 4?"

"Aye, aye!" They saluted and ran off.

You smiled and eyed the shops eagerly. Time to pick your first victim.

***

Browsing the clothes with one hand, you glanced at your phone with the other. Aiko, as usual, was trying - and failing - to keep what clothes she was picking a secret and Haruto, as usual, was purposely making her mad.