Life's Leaf..

Chapter 0:

Faxes, wolves, Doves, Avians and Watersongs have been friends for many generations. Yet, corruption has only made them fight and kill each other. Over time their numbers have dwindled. Yet, no side wins nor loses. War is just two sides of different people fighting over something, and neither side wins nor loses, but each side has it's loss.

"What will it take for those Wolves to calm down? Faxes have been nothing but kind to them, and now our numbers are going down." "We have to do something about this!" An elder member of the council told their leader. The Crown and Deputy looked over their people. " We know, and our people have been evolving to adapt to the things that wolves put us through."The council member scoffed.," How will that help any of us? We could all evolve to have a power to go invisible, and we'll still be killed!" An elderly woman from the council nodded her head, " I have to agree with Flincefire. We've seen Amestrians kill off animals in our forests, and no matter how hard they hid, they still went extinct. Remember the do do's?"Flincefire smirked. "Deputy Azul you'd have to agree too right? Even if we all camouflaged with our surroundings, that doesn't stop us from disappearing from the world. Killing is all those wolves think about!". His fellow elders agreed. The Crown raised his hand. " I know what we're all fearing, yet what can we do? We've got people who have longer sharper claws, and longer teeth. We all have some form of orange red in our fur, and the forest is green. While some of our sect members can breathe in water and fly in the sky, the rest of us are elementals. We can't leave our villagers that don't have any physical powers. That'll level our numbers to almost flat."

The room turned quiet. An elder on the sidelines finally spoke up after a long pause of silence," Well, what can we do?"

Everyone thought for a second. The same elder spoke again," We'll have to wait and make sure we can bring up enough war forces to protect ourselves. Crown Ace don't you agree?"Everyone in the room nodded, including the Crown and Deputy.

Later that evening, the faxes went to sleep that night with the tribal knights keeping watch, Crown and Deputy in bed. Suddenly, a dark shadow cast over the room. It left just as fast as it came, a guard not too soon, came into the room. " Someone has killed the Crown and Deputy!!! Shut down all exits! Check everywhere for the culprit!"

Complete, utter and chaos. People ran in fright, while others hid just in case the killer wasn't done with just the two. 

This was known as the "Starting war".

"Mom?" Flintfang looked at her mother's cooling body. "Run. Daughmo. Run and never return. You shall train until you are ready to take on this feat." Her mother's golden brown eyes are shown in the moonlight. Piercing her soul, they shone like the billion upon trillions of stars in the sky. "I love you..... I really do.." 

She blinked. Then again. Her eyes grew blurry, she couldn't breathe. "Its okay.... It's ok.... Please breathe. Um...crap... How do I deal with this? Hello?" A small voice. It was a child just like her. Turning around all she saw was a boy, about her age, he had brown eyes with pools of yellow in them. His hair turned silver in the moonlight, glistening since it was sleek. 

"Please come with me. I... We can go together. We can escape." Footsteps started to assault her eyes as they approached. "The palace is on fire. We need to go." Holding out his hand, offering it to her. "Please". 

   Nodding, she grabbed it and they ran into a crowded exit of the castle. Noticing a dark and small exit she dragged the boy who helped her to it. "It's a secret exit that I read about in the evacuation map." He nodded. As they ran and grew tired she finally had the courage to ask him. "What's your name?"

The boy opened his mouth, the moon shining in front of him. " Sun-"

Opening her eyes she felt as if she didn't go to sleep at all.

“Another day of torture.” She rose out of her nest, “ Don’t let Light Breeze hear you say that. He’ll give you hell to pay.”  She rolled her eyes, “ Swiftbreeze com on. Do you really think that brain on a stick is going to hear me?” Swiftbreeze snorted. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.” She laid her head down. ‘Well I didn’t ask you.’ She retorted in her mind. If she had said it out loud she would be a body. ‘Yeah,no….’

Sitting up, she began to get ready for her day with the commander. Lightbreeze was a strict teacher for her leash.  “Get up, we don’t have all day Shinelight, Croweyes! Get a move on Flintfang. Swiftbreeze, nice work! All of you need to be ready if the next battle comes, you can’t go to the battlefield looking like ducks trying to pounce on the enemy!”

All I can remember is him telling us what to do and not giving us a break. When Croweyes got hurt, he got a break but then Shinelight got hurt and now it’s only Swiftbreeze and I. “Come on Swift, you know he’ll yell at us if we’re late.” She snorted, “Okay, okay, I’m up.” Her lively brown & yellow eyes gleamed in amusement. Her brown stripes and golden fur glistened. “Let’s go.”

   Walking out the nest was easy, but going outside the den was the hard part. “Do we have to? The sun’s baking the ground.” Swiftbreeze sighed beside me. “Just get a move on. Lightbreeze will be here any second.”  It was morning now so we’d have to move quickly. “Come on!” Swiftbreeze pushed past me and lived up to her name. Running after her, I looked at our home. Watching the elders tell stories to the children, our newly appointed leader giving jobs and tasks to our guard faxes. A leash of other apprentices running around home collecting things and kneading material in our gates. 

Finally out of our set we ran into the forest, Lightbreeze looked at us in pride. “The time has come. Flintfang, Sunbreeze, you are graduating today. And you even made it 20 minutes earlier!” 

“Wha-?”