Not Today

Please leave a vote and comment if you'd like to read more <3

-----

She shoved him through the door hard and slammed it shut behind them. He staggered back, almost spilling the drink in his hand, bringing the other hand to his face as he watched her with a wary look in his eyes. "Jennie, come on." He sighed, a bruise already starting to darken across his cheek from her hand. "It's not what you think."

Her catlike eyes narrowed as she glared daggers at him, breathless, heart pounding hard. She can make out irritated voices out in the hallway. "No, you don't get to say my name anymore." Jennie's smooth, biting tone undercutting his.

"Jennie!" It was Lisa, loud and frustrated, through the door and Jennie knew it was unfair, especially today of all days.

Jennie called back, "Give me a minute!" She turned around, faced the room, faced him, she leaned back against the door. His eyes are on her, he's drunk, annoyed she had slapped him.

"Yes," Jennie rolled her eyes at him, smoothing down the bodice of her dress. "Slapping, always good, and you deserved it."

He sighed, silently fuming. He took a step a back and lowered himself on a nearby sofa. Leaning back on it, his legs outstretched in front of him. Just casually lounging there in front of her, him in his suit jacket and opened collar, her in her red couture dress and heirloom diamonds, like he hadn't just kissed a new YG rookie and caused a scene most likely already extinguished by YG management.

 Just casually lounging there in front of her, him in his suit jacket and opened collar, her in her red couture dress and heirloom diamonds, like he hadn't just kissed a new YG rookie and caused a scene most likely already extinguished by YG manag...

"Do you always have to cause a ruckus at my events, it was just one kiss. It was in the moment." He murmured, not quite as remorseful as he ought to be. She should be more upset, she knows. But its hard, with him sitting there, smirking at her, slowly taking in the sight of her in an appraising and fond way. A way that used to make her heart flutter, except now all she felt was numb. She knew to many of his transgressions towards her. Ones he didn't realize she knew. "Bit of an overreaction if you ask me." He told her, touching the side of his face gingerly where her slap still stung.

"Really?" She arched a brow coolly. "You don't think you provoked it a little bit?"

He sighed loudly again, pretending to consider the question, pausing to take a sip from the glass in his hand. "Maybe the part where kissed that new trainee."

"Hmm," She made a noncommittal sound as she moved towards him. Then she nodded, "Yes, that, or the part where you called me a pretentious bitch."

He was disgustingly intoxicated; he gave her a small grin. "Oh yeah," His gaze dropped to her lips. "That. I got carried away, your fault."

"My fault?" She leaned back and smiled softly. "I should apologize, huh?"

"Only appropriate," He nodded. "My face hurts."

She smiled sweetly, just as exaggerated as his was, she batted her long lashes her at him, and took his glass, holding it up to his face. "Awe, poor baby." She said it teasingly, but something shifted in her expression, in her eyes, and suddenly it was real. Abruptly and unmistakably, it was there on her face, her hurt.

"I'm sorry you're such an asshole," She pointed out, the words quiet. And her heart thumped a little slower, the glass heavier in her hand. "And I..." She swallowed hard. "I deserve better." There's a sting of something sharp inside her and she can't quite find the breath to add anything else.

"Jennie," he said quickly, gaze locked with hers.

And she heard the myriad if questions behind her name. Why? and what are you going to say next? and what are you doing? He lifted his hand and covered hers over the glass.

"Don't say my name," She pulled her hand free, the drink sloshing in the glass. She shook her head. She stood tall, she silently winced, she wanted to look away, but couldn't, she felt frozen there, facing a relationship that had crumbled away to an arrangement they'd never have the words for anymore. "You don't get that privilege anymore." She breathed out; throat tight. Jennie's eyes were a steel brown, she tipped the glass until its contents poured all over his head, his suit, all of him. He cursed a string of profanities. Jennie drew a deep breath, narrowed her eyes at him. "My life goes on without you." I exist even when you're not watching. He stared up at her, furious, her gaze was frigid, ice cold. "I'm Jennie Kim, you don't deserve me." She threw the glass at his feet until it shattered into pieces. "We're done, Jiyong."

She turned and walked out of the room without looking back, she heard him yell her name, she ignored him. It wasn't until she made her way down to the lobby of the YG entertainment building, the private company celebration had come to a screeching halt. As the elevator doors opened and she set foot into the lobby, she saw her friends, her Blackpink members, her sisters waiting for her. Lisa, Rose and Jisoo quickly stood at the sight of her, they stood like that for a long time, it was when she looked away, her gaze downcast, tears began to stream down her cheeks. They were immediately by her side.

"I'm sorry to keep you guys waiting," Jennie acknowledged carefully and then looked at them, adding gently. "Its over."

Rose pulled her into a hug, Jennie turned her face into Rose's shoulder. Lisa and Jisoo joined the hug, they were familiar and warm and for a moment she forgot everything, thought of nothing, but this moment and how it felt to be with her best friends, how it would always be.

Rose gave her a quick squeeze, voice thick with emotion. "I'm so sorry, Jennie."

Lisa propped her chin on Jennie's shoulder from behind and wrapped her arms around the tiny woman's waist, hugging her tightly. "We're always going to be here for you." Jennie smiled sadly and rested her cheek against Lisa's head.

"I know," Jennie told her tenderly. "I love you girls."

Jisoo linked her arm with hers, "Let's go home."

The four began to walk towards the YG entrance, wrapped in each other's arms, safe and sound. Jennie almost managed to hold her tongue for a beat, almost. "Fuck guys." It was precarious statement that many in the lobby heard, but she refused to take it back, even if she should. The three members burst into laughter and hugged their friend tightly.

 The three members burst into laughter and hugged their friend tightly

End of chapter one!

If you'd like to read more, please vote and comment I appreciate it <3 This is my first Namjoon x Jennie story, requested by a friend, but Namjen is growing on me.