Chap 1

"Excuse me, anyone here? I have a meeting with Fatgum!" The winged hero Hawks jumps slightly when the head of a black haired teen girl pops up behind the main desk in the agency lobby. Dark red fox ears twitch as the girl looks over the young man "I'm sorry, yes Fatgum did say he had a meeting today. One second, I need to finish putting these files away and I'll be right with you." She vanishes down behind the desk again and Hawks walks over to see her sitting on the ground putting a stack of files into the desk draws. The fox girl smiles "our receptionist has been on sick leave and it's just the boss and I in today and filing needed to be done." She quickly finishes the filing and hops to her feet and pats the dust off of her red fox tail and she motions the hero towards the elevator "hope ya don't mind the elevator." The blonde young man shakes his head and follows her and the elevator opens instantly once the button is pushed and the two enter it. The girl hits the button for the fifth and top floor "oh and where are my manners? I'm sorry. I'm Power Grid." The male smiles "Hawks." The elevator stops and the girl skips out and leads the other down a large hall and she stops in front of a massive door and knocks before opening it "heya boss, Hawks is here for ya." Fatgum looks up from his computer and smiles at his side kick "bring him in." The fox girl opens the door more and motions for the winged male to enter and she follows him in "I'm gonna order lunch boss, your usual?" The yellow clad hero nods "yeah, and would you like lunch Hawks. The place Gin is goin to has the best Takoyaki, Yakitori, and other foods." The young hero looks over at the girl "I'll take an order of Yakitori." The fox girl nods and spins and exits the room "I'll be back soon, don't miss me too much Boss man!" Fatgum chuckles and motions for Hawks to sit "so yer starting to make a name for yourself, and thanks for agreeing to this meeting." The younger man takes a seat "well it'll be great to be on friendly terms with the heroes around here. So you have a lively side kick." The BMI hero nods "she's officially been workin for me for three months now, but she's interned under me for two. Gin is a hard worker but also brings spirit to the agency." Hawks nods and leans back on his chair "since I'm new to the scene I wanted to ask pointers from someone who knows the area well, and I don't want to step on any toes while patrolling." Fatgum chuckles "I believe your agency is on the other side of the city so I don't think you will be steppin on any toes."

           The door to the office opens and both men see the fox girl has retuned and Hawks hops to his feet and takes a few bags from the black haired heroes arms "I got this." Gin smiles and carries the rest over to the desk "thank you." She starts going through the bags and setting out the food and then take the bags from Hawks "alright, one mighty feast is served." Fatgum grins "thank you Gin." The girl then grabs a couple small containers from the desk "alright, if ya need me, I'll be in my office. My reports are almost done so I want to finish them today." Fatgum shakes his head "no can do, it's lunch time and if I let ya work, you are not gonna eat. Sit." The fox girl lets out a sigh and makes her way to the chair beside Hawks and she hops onto it, sitting cross legged, her fox tail twitching behind her "happy boss man?" The older man smiles "very." Hawks chuckles as the girl opens her food containers and eats her sushi rolls while sulking. The winged hero takes a bite of his Yakitori and his eyes widen "this is amazing." Fatgum nods "told ya its the best place, it's been my favorite since they opened two years ago. Gin here stumbled upon it when she was late to the agency one day and got caught in a storm." The young woman nods "yeah, it hit quickly and I ducked into the place and the smells were heavenly and I stayed there for wo hours. Brought an order to Fat here as a sorry and it's been our regular place when we have lunch here." Hawks looks her over "so you recently graduated, what school did you go to?" Her silver eyes meets his golden ones "I actually went to Shiketsu my first year but transfered to UA my last two. Dad's dream school was Shiketsu but when he walked out on my mom and I, I left to go to their rival school. Old man got pissed but I didn't care. What about you?" The winged teen ruffles is wings slightly "was homeschooled but being a hero was my dream. It was better since I had more time training after doing my work. So I see that you have a fox quirk, what's with the name Power Grid?" Gin grins and her eyes start to glow and Hawks starts to see an electrical current forming between her two ears like a taser "Thunder Fox hero, Power Grid. With how I am now, I can power a small town for a three days." The girl tosses the last piece of her sushi into her mouth and hops off her chair "all done, I'll be getting back to work now. It was nice meeting you Hawks." The blonde young man nods "you too." He then watches as she walks out of the office and enters the room across the hall before she vanishes behind the closing door. A chuckle catches the younger heroes attention and he looks back towards Fatgum "She's single." The winged blonde starts choking oh his chicken and hits his chest a couple times "what?" The older hero laughs "she caught yer attention and you caught hers. She usually doesn't open up about herself. I'll be rootin for ya kid."