To Wake and Sleep at your Side

The air was crisp, piercing the flesh of those not covered. At least, that's what it felt like to Tsubaki.

It's a Saturday morning, and the blasted sun decided to aim right into Tsubaki's eyes. Of course, they tried to ignore it, but they could feel covers slipping off. They closed their eyes tighter, squirming about to try and go back to sleep.

It was all for nothing though. Tsubaki opened there eyes and let out a huff. It was a bit embarrassing to admit that they wanted to tear up a bit over not being able to go back to sleep.

See, last night was a bit taxing on her body. The new choreography they were practicing was fast paced with a lot of twirling and jumping, even more so when you consider they have to sing and play an instrument at that (She herself didn't hold one)! It also didn't help that a certain conversation was playing in the back of her mind. It was truly-

"Ahah, awake already? You'd think you'd take the opportunity to get some more shut eye" Tsubaki turned their body to lock eyes with their partner, Aoi.

"It's ... 8:45 right now" Aoi leaned over to check their bedside clock, returning to their resting state.

"How would you say to sleeping in?"

Even though Tsubaki wanted to tell them that they just couldn't sleep under these conditions, they kept their mouth shut. There was really no use in being so nit picky about these things.

Aoi stared at their partner, a small chuckle escaping their lips.

"Uwa-" Tsubaki was a bit alarmed at the sudden grip on her sides, as Aoi grabbed a hold of them, pressing them close to their body as they both turned to the side. Sitting up to grab the cover that was nearly falling off the bed, Aoi swung it over their heads, and let rest comfortably over them

"Oh" Tsubaki uttered.

It was rather embarrassing, once more, how Aoi seemed to know exactly what Tsubaki wanted or needed. It really was just a simple gesture to get Tsubaki back to sleep. But it filled Tsubaki with such a fuzzy feeling-

"Now the only sun you'll see is me hehe" Aoi giggles.

They're a bit of dork, yeah, but they're Tsubaki's dork. Tsubaki wrapped their arm around Aoi's side, and leaned into their embrace.

The fuzziness only grew,

-_-

It was now 2:38 pm, and it was just now that the two love birds rolled out of bed. It was a sluggish and drowsy movement, and they would much rather keep sleeping. But, when the rumbles of their stomachs started getting unbearable, it was due time for a meal.

"Am I cooking or are you?" Aoi asked.

See, there's always talk about cooking together in the books Tsubaki read, but in reality, it was rather annoying. So, the two of them found the system of setting the table as the other made a meal.

"I suppose it's my turn now isn't it?" Tsubaki stated, although it was framed as a question.

Now, what shall they make? They didn't want to go basic with eggs, but they also didn't want to go to far with things like crepes.

As they tossed around ideas for brunch, a quick shriek could be heard.

Tsubaki whipped around the corner to see Aoi, arms across her chest in a defensive motion, as they backpedaled to a wall.

"A- ah! Tsubaki, hey ! So, there uh- Hgk!"

Tsubaki darted their eyes to the dining table, glancing over all the silverware and plates.