Bleak

The Fear Street Characters don't belong to me. This is just a fanfiction. I created the cover using Pic Collage.

There are spoilers in here for some parts of the Fear Street Trilogy, so be careful if you haven't finished the Trilogy yet.

I was listening to Hozier, and an idea came to me about Sarah and Hannah.

~

"Hannah, thing shall not get better," whispered Sarah, looking at Hannah with a fondness that never vanished. "My love, they think that we are ill, that we are diseased. They think that we are the devil, that God has punished them by giving us to them. And they don't even know of us. They hate us, and they don't even know."

Hannah moved closer to Sarah, gazing around the woods with caution. The bright moon was the only light that illuminated Hannah's pale face and reddish lips, the only light that could ever be provided for them. Sarah was pleased to see a pinkish hue spread across Hannah's face when Sarah began to slid her fingers up her leg, and Hannah began to smile under the night sky. Hannah's hair was neatly braided, and Sarah wanted to undo it and play with it.

"Sarah," whispered Hannah, causing a shiver to run up Sarah's spine, "I know these things. My mother would never allow me to leave the house if she found out. She would marry me away without regret, even if I didn't like them man she chose. My mother already thinks I am diseased, and I fear not even my father can convince her otherwise. My Sarah, I fear you are right. We shall always meet here, and only the moon will known of our love."

"Do you think the moon will hold our secret for all of eternity?" whispered Sarah as she pressed a delicate kiss to Hannah's neck. "Do you ever think that someday people like us will be allowed to show our love?"

Hannah kissed Sarah's neck before answering. "I don't know. I cannot imagine a world where we could be like everyone else. I try to imagine it- holding your hand as we walk down the street, going to Solomon Goode's house and buying chickens, getting married in Union square, and letting our love see the daylight. I don't know if it will ever happen. They- the people here- think that we are demons in the flesh, all things evil, and so much more. You and I shall never see that kind of world, even if I would love it."

"I've been thinking about it," admitted Sarah softly, almost as if she were afraid of the cicadas hearing her. "We can go. We can leave the Union. The two of us, maybe even Solomon. We can leave, and we can live the life we've always wanted to. No one can stop us from loving each other if we live near no one. I can care for animals, and you can weave and make our clothes. I make sure we have food and a house, and you can make sure we have clothing. We could spilt the other household chores."

Hannah gave Sarah a curious look. "Do you really think we do it? Do you think we could run far away from here and make it on our own?"

Sarah closed her eyes, trying to picture the scene to the best of her ability. A small hut would be located in the middle of a flower field, although the farm animals would keep the yard at bay fairly decent. A clothing line full of dress would float in the cool breeze, the bright sun drying their clothing. A crop of food would grow behind their house, fenced off so that the animals didn't eat anything. A large fence would surround the house and a good chunk of land around it so that the animals didn't get away. It would be warm and prosperous year round, and they would be happy together.

They would be able to kiss each other in the broad daylight. They would be able to hold hands around their place, and they would be able to see their reflections when they did it. They would be able to embrace each other anytime they felt the urge to, unlike the long periods they had to wait now. The two of them would be able to undress each other in the comfort of a house, and they'd be able to touch each other without worrying about ants bothering them or being found.