A Chance Encounter?

"I don't know Leo...I liked my old make-up artist why do I need to get a new one?" Alexander sighed looking up at his manager, Leo who was writing down some things on his clip board while speaking with the young rapper.

"She is eight months pregnant Alexander. She was getting close to the due date. It was killing her to be on her feet, we had to let her go for maternity leave...we'll find someone soon. I promise." Leo spoke quickly and sharply, wrinkles around his eyebrows showing his annoyance with the younger man before him.

"Fine fine, but find someone single and young... And try to make the risk of pregnancy low or avoidable, don't want to have to do this once more." The younger sighed his eyes drifting to the floor. "I'm trusting you Leo you know how particular I am about who touches my face." His manager sighed nodding but with more sympathy than he'd outwardly admit.

"Look Alexander I will do the best I can, but if you don't like who I find then we'll try again until we can't, but remember we have to release the music video by a certain date, so I can't have you being a damn diva the entire time." Leo's voice raised slightly, if only because of the stress of the deadline ahead of them, but still causing other assistants to look at the two. "You need to put aside your pride and discomfort and focus on what's important, got it?"

Alexander was a great friend but honestly, he never had anything held within the perspective of success. It was...infuriating for Leo who had his life together and always planned out, he had a beautiful husband, a loving daughter, and his job of course as Alexander's manager. He truly couldn't understand what was so great about Alexander's lifestyle. He didn't understand why Alex never wanted love, it seemed cold and unpleasant and worst of all...he always seemed to be lonely and secluded, suffering from his own reluctance to allow people in.

"Yeah Leo... I got it. Just, find me someone good, some one who I can trust." Leo nodded patting Alexander's head, the boy restrained himself from recoiling because of the contact and instead settled with a grimace. Alex was not a playful man.

-

Despite the deadline hanging above their heads Leo had managed to actually find about five people to try out for the job. All male. First were the interviews which Leo had conducted himself in his office, then came the physical trials in which the manager was nice enough to volunteer a young intern named Sinbad's face for. They all made their way down the stairs from the office to Alexander's dressing room where they all lined up neatly next to the intern who was sitting in a chair in front of a vanity with hundreds of make-up products laying before him.

"Okay boys you'll be doing the latest look from Michelle Phan, the way the light amber shades brought out her eyes was stunning and this little one " Leo placed his hand on Sin's shoulder, ever so gently as to not cause discomfort. "has similar facial structure and beauty of the artist so this shouldn't be a problem for you boys now should it? I even have a picture of the makeup job and a list of all the products, which are provided if you do not own such...quality pieces, so you should be able to work well."
Leo smiled leaving the side of the intern to sit in his own seat to watch the action.

The boys each took their turns working on the intern's face, making sure each line of contour was perfect bringing out his facial features, each section of highlight doing it's job to provide the shine that's necessary, the eyeliner attempting to bring out the shape and provide a dark background to bring out the beautiful color of Sinbad's eyes.

Alexander actually decided to watch the wannabe hires as they worked on the intern, slightly interested in how they all worked. It truly was a process worth admiring and took hours for almost all of them to get done and in the mean time one young man with a small stature caught the rapper's eye, well at least his hair did. It was bright pink and yet it somehow it fit the boy with small hands and shining eyes.